Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Free JustFlight Hurricane.. ..

If like me you rarely read the AVSIM frontpage then you may miss this one :::

Smartphone user survey. If you use a smartphone and can spare five minutes of your time, Just Flight's Battle of Britain Hurricane for FSX is yours to download, completely FREE of charge!There are no conditions attached to the offer and there's no catch. They're simply looking for feedback from you to help them with their plans for some future projects - all you need to do to get the FREE Hurricane is spend a few minutes completing this short survey for them about your smartphone preferences.Aeroplane Heaven's Hurricane is a superb FSX aircraft, about which Avsim's reviewer commented: "There is nothing out there right now that can match the new Hurricane." Get it now - we're sure you'll enjoy flying this exceptional fighter!The survey closes at midnight (UK time) on Sunday 18th September. Please note that you'll still have to create an account, as with all normal purchases.
Certainly the nicest Hurricane that I have, and you can't argue with the price !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks for this. Just downloaded it. I have to admit though that the A2A aircraft are in a different league to this. The A2A spit is just phenominal. Cheers, Jack

That Hurri is pretty darned good. A real surprise - and free, too! Initially sluggish as a DC-3 - I twiddled with the MOI for elevator and aileron, plus the elevator effectiveness, and she's now a nice aircraft to fly. Externally she's very, very nice, and internally - well it needs the A2A touch, but it is, by far the best Hurri I've flown to date. 3-1/2 stars! biggrin.png Thanks for your CLS tip, too, Alan: It, too, looks very good. I haven't had the chance to fly it yet, but will later on.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the heads up on the PA-28 downloading now.
x2 Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to download it when I get home!

Only trouble is you have have to register for both site, I know they're free but I don't want to register, I prefer to register to sites I choose, and certainly not Justffright..

Yes the registration thing nearly put me off. Anyway I installed the CLS Piper Arrow. Looks nice. Unfortunately it flies like a whale on valium so have now uninstalled it. I even switched yokes thinking there was something wrong with the CH. So much for "tested by real pilots". A pilot whale I presume... Oh well at least it was free.

So much for "tested by real pilots".
What you have to remember when you read 'tested by pilots', is that it doesn't ever say 'successfully tested by pilots', I mean, here are some things tested by pilots:
Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks nice. Unfortunately it flies like a whale on valium so have now uninstalled it. I even switched yokes thinking there was something wrong with the CH. So much for "tested by real pilots". A pilot whale I presume...
Two-minute fix... aircraft.cfg - [weight_and_balance]empty_weight_pitch_MOI =5551 // 9600.00000empty_weight_roll_MOI =5800 // 7200.00000empty_weight_yaw_MOI =7615 //11000.00000 [flight_tuning]elevator_effectiveness=2.0 //1.300aileron_effectiveness=1.5 //1.00000pitch_stability=0.8 //1.20000 Flies fine.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

"What you have to remember when you read 'tested by pilots', is that it doesn't ever say 'successfully tested by pilots', I mean, here are some things tested by pilots:" LOL! great linkLOL.gifTwo-minute fix... aircraft.cfg - [weight_and_balance]empty_weight_pitch_MOI =5551 // 9600.00000empty_weight_roll_MOI =5800 // 7200.00000empty_weight_yaw_MOI =7615 //11000.00000 [flight_tuning]elevator_effectiveness=2.0 //1.300aileron_effectiveness=1.5 //1.00000pitch_stability=0.8 //1.20000 Flies fine. So why didn't they do that in the first place!? I can't be assed to reinstall it. I had to wrestle it around the circuit am so tired now I'm going to go to bed and read "Handling the Big Jets":(

So why didn't they do that in the first place!
I really don't know why - or care - but there are probably lots of simmers (like me) who have a soft spot for Sydney Camm's revolutionary (for 1934) design, and there aren't that many Hurricanes around the flight sim world. It's free, and if someone wants to tweak it a bit because it's obviously incorrect - then these figures I've used - which are basically A2A's WoP3 Spitfire settings - will give them a starting point.

Ah! Sorry you misunderstand I was talking about the CLS Piper Arrow not the Hurricane! I'll amend my post. I LOVE anything to do with our WW2 aircraft:D Downloading the Hurricane now!

Yes the registration thing nearly put me off. Anyway I installed the CLS Piper Arrow. Looks nice. Unfortunately it flies like a whale on valium so have now uninstalled it. I even switched yokes thinking there was something wrong with the CH. So much for "tested by real pilots". A pilot whale I presume... Oh well at least it was free.
You speak from experience - you' ve actually flown a Hurricane?

lol mate re-read my message:) sorry if it was confusing, I was referrring to the CLS Piper Arrow. Yes I have flown the Piper Arrow. No I have not flown a Hurricane except in my dreams. Maybe one day....Praying.gif