Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Sound file problem

I was in Windows Explorer last night listening to the various sound files on their own. I then clicked on the file named PMDG737NGX_TOUCHDOWN_1.wav. I didn't hear the file but got a message saying Windows Media encountered a problem trying to read this file. So, it would appear to be corrupted. I assume this is just me and everyone else's is fine? Would someone like to check this for me please? The file is in Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG737-800NGX/sound. Perhaps someone with a working file would be prepared to e-mail it to me, please? When someone volunteers I'll give my e-mail address. Thanks Iain Smith

Iain, There are no problems with any of these files - you will notice a large number of PMDG files exhibit this issue with media players, especially most switch sounds. The reason is simple - the files are VERY short - media players cannot playback ultra short files. If you open any of these files in an audio editor you will see they are all fine.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Iain, There are no problems with any of these files - you will notice a large number of PMDG files exhibit this issue with media players, especially most switch sounds. The reason is simple - the files are VERY short - media players cannot playback ultra short files. If you open any of these files in an audio editor you will see they are all fine.
Ah yes, I did wonder why this was the case though it opened and played ok in Golwave audio editor!...thanks for the explanation... Incidentally and at the risk of getting my head ‘bitten off’.. I resampled all the 44,100hz files to 22.050Hz and found slightly better performance especially with the J41 with a small top end reduction in audio quality (obviously).. Just thought I’d mention it in passing.

Iian,mine is the same as yours, where do you get a an audio editor to check Armen?thanks james
James - google is your friend! :(

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer