Sign in to follow this  
Sekstifire

1 second lag every 5 seconds on certain airports

I have this problem on a couple of airports where the whole sim pauses for about 1 second every 5 second. Specifically it happens at ENBR. FSX SP2, UTX EU, W7 64. I have disabled my antivirus in the troubleshooting process and it had no effect. Does anybody have an idea how I should go about troubleshooting this issue, or possibly even know the answer? 920 4ghz6 giggtx 260

If that's the Cloud9 ENBR you may check if your Addon Manager (FSDT thingy) is current. They have a standalone update module to download.If AES is running on that airport, check your Vistamare installation too. That's the Vistamare folder in the FSX root and the dlls there should at least by from August 2011. AES should auto-update them, but fails from time to time. Even if this doesn't help, it's always good to have current modules running. smile.png

Its a 100% stock ENBR, however, it also happens with ENBR from the freeware package "Norwegian Airports". The lag happens with all planes, even the default ultralight. edit: I just removed my fsx.cfg and the lag still happened with a non tweaked config

So ENBR only, regardless if stock or freeware addon? Do you have that Addon Manager running?You could make a backup of your dll.xml and exe.xml file and then try a clean run of FSX, with all the dlls and additional exe files disabled to see if it alters or even rules out the stutters.

It happens at a few other airports as well, for example KMCO (stock). But yeah, stock or freeware ENBR didnt have any effect.

KMCO would be another Cloud9 title. Maybe the Addon Manager is looking for something. Sounds strange, I know, but you could try a FSX run without it.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Disabling the addon manager did remove the lag completly :). I guess I'll have to investigate this issue further. In worst case I can just disable the addon manager when flying into affected airports.

Here's the link from the FSDT site to the standalone Addon Manager update.

If you want to update the Addon Manager to the latest version, without having to download the whole scenery again, you can use the Addon Manager Standalone installers: http://www.virtualis...donmanagerX.exe
Highly recommended since I think that this will cure the problem. If not, ask the Virtuali guys about it. smile.png