Sign in to follow this  
fritzreinhart

Can't find a piece of my 185

G'day, While attempting to do a repaint of the Carenado 185 floatplane, I have run into a impasse. On the fuselage towards the front, fairly low down, there is a small step, presmably fpr maintainence. I can not find the underside of that step. It has driven me right 'round the bend, frankly. Would someone be so kind as to point me towards the correct template, please? It would be very, very, much appreciated. Thanks up front. step.jpg Cheers,Fritz

Dear Leen, Well, thanks, but I'm sorry, I didn't understand that at all. I don't have any idea which rexture sheet I should look in. Sorry to be so thick, but could you help a little more? Thanks. Cheers,Fritz

Thank you, Joe, but that's only the part that's flush with the fuselage. The bit that's elusive, (at least for me), is the horizontal part that is the underside of the step itself. That's what I can't locate. Sorry, that first picture probably wasn't very clear. Here's another. step1.jpg Cheers,Fritz

If you look closely at my screenshot you will see the underside of the step is yellow and it is mapped to the yellow section of the aileron. Don't know why they would do that with all the unused real estate on that texture sheet, but that's what we get. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hey Joe, Oh, boy. I thought that the yellow bit was a mistake. I said to myself, I didn't notice anything other than the aileron there, so I ignored it. So unless the ailerons are the are the same color as the fuselage we will have a curious little blotch there. Poor show. Oh, well, so it goes. Many thanks to you, Joe, mind how you go. Cheers,Fritz

This shows the value of having FSRepaint in your toolkit, even the free demo version. You can paint on the texture sheet and see the results in real time without having to save, convert, load the sim every time. Using FSRepaint I found those bits in about 5 minutes. I start by painting the sheets a solid color one at a time until I determine which sheet covers the missing parts. If the missing part isn't obvious then I divide the sheet into quadrants and fill with a solid color until I find the part. Tip: to fill the sheet with a solid color use the paint bucket and set the tolerance to 255. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif