Hi all, I have aproblem with throttle control, whenever I start FSX the throttles are running at 50% N1 I have tried resetting them manually on the keyboard and by moving the throttle quadrant levers back to idle, but as soon as I start fsx again or touch the throttles they idle at 50%. I have recalibrated my saitek pro flight several times but the problem is still there. also can anybody tell me how to find FSX.CFG on windows 7 64. FSX is on my D drive loaded simply D\FSX Not on program files X86. I have not had any prevous problems with the throttle control.Also I get skeleton planes sometimes mid flight with PMDG 747 is there a work around for this problem?Many thanksEdmundo Flight sim PC Build Spec Operating system Windows 7 Pro 64btProcessor Intel Core I7-980X Hexa GulftownP C Case Lian li PC-V1000 plus Aluminium caseMotherboard Asus P6T Delux V2 X58Memory Mushkin 6GB Low LatencyHeatsink , Titan Fenrir EvoHard Drive western Digital Raptor 300 GB Microsoft FSXHard Drive Western Digital Raptor 150 GB Windows 7 Pro OSGraphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5Sound Card Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality ProfessionalOptical Drive Pioneer DVR116DBKBlue Ray 4 BD ROM, LITE ONPower Supply BFG ES 800 WattMonitorsAsus mk241h 24”Dell 17” Flat Panel

Edmundo, Your FSX config is in your C:\Users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. It is a hidden file and you need to turn on hidden files in your control panel config system for your computer to see it and use it. The saitek problem is a conflict with the FS control programming and your Saitek programming. Do not use the the SAITEK program. It is no good. Your FS program is assigning your funcitons by itself and need to be deleted manually within FSX. Use the menu and go to the control settings and you have to delete all references to any and all joystick in all categories. It take a long time. And you should get if you do not have a paid version of FSUIPC which will allow you to configure your joyticks, and yoke within it to operate. I works much better. This will take time and make sure you save all the files which have the settings as things will get messed up by default in FSX at times. The Spad works well with my saitek multipanel. BTW I do not use Saitek yokes or throttles anymore. They have worn out and quickly. I now use a commercial product for flight training, but the idea is the same. Good Luck

Wayne L Pierce
737 # 162444;777 #305562 JS41; B1900; B747; 737NG; MD11
My Computer; WIN7 SP1, P3dv3.2, 16GB  I-7 3.50ghz processors, Nvidia GEforce 980 GPU, 2X SATA HD's. Seagate 1tb, WD 600GB - This is for the FS program only. I use 3 total computers for my cockpit, all add-ons are controlled via LAN connections. UTX, GEX, REX, A2A Accu-feel, Tongass Fijords,FTX sceneries All.

Thank you Jahman & Waynelp for your replies,Please can you tell me more about Spad, and also more about FSUIPC4, I have herd this about this product, but know nothing about it.Please can you explain what you mean by saving all files that have settings,Waynelp, you also mention about using a commercial product instead of Saitek yoke and throttles, please can you tell me more.many thanks edmundo

SPAD: http://fstools.weebly.com/ It's simply a set of drivers and application for setting up saitek peripherals to use instead of the drivers built by Saitek which seem to have issues. SPAD is free. FSUIPC: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html It's an application that, among other things, handles peripherals interfacing with FSX (and XPlane I believe, too). It's great for calibration and setting up buttons, controls, etc. FSUIPC is not free for this use and takes a bit of time to set up but can definitely be worth it.

Thank you Jahman & Waynelp for your replies, Please can you tell me more about Spad, and also more about FSUIPC4, I have herd this about this product, but know nothing about it. Please can you explain what you mean by saving all files that have settings, Waynelp, you also mention about using a commercial product instead of Saitek yoke and throttles, please can you tell me more. many thanks edmundo
I imagine when he is talking commercial he means products built for commercial ftd rigs used at fbo's like the companies Precision Flight Controls and Flight link.I have been down this route myself, and though the build quality far exceeds Saitek and CH Products, they too can have problems.My PFC desk mounted yoke had an annoying micro stickiness in the elevator axis.My PFC Cirrus rudder pedals over time started un-centering themselves and needed constant mechanical adjustment.My latter PFC jetliner yoke had the left dual rocker switch quit working after 15 hrs. of use.Upon pulling the dead switch out while waiting for the replacement to arrive I found out the reason I THINK the switch quit.The wires for the switch were directly soldered to the switch and had not been heated properly during soldering resulting in a very sloppy solder job.A subsequent call to the company and it was admitted they were being assembled by ROP students who were obviously still learning to solder lol.The replacement switch I was sent I soldered in myself and it worked perfect up to the time I sold it....but it never fit as snugly as the original and would often annoyingly come loose.Today the cheapest commercial yoke|throttle|pedals from PFC will cost you 1665.00 usd..And although they are not without issues in some copies of their units you will get far better customer service if and when issues pop up.The Saitek Cessna yoke I bought last week has a x roll axis in the quadrant that refuses to be seen in FS9...FSX...and X-Plane.Three emails now to support and no response.There support forum is closed to new registration so I cant ask for help.This kind of lack of support doesn't happen with the commercial vendors.But the Saitek kit was less than one third of the price of the cheapest PFC cirrus yoke alone.One gets what one pays for.Regarding SPAD I also got a free Saitek switch panel with my Amazon reward points.When hooking it up I didn't even mess with the Saitek drivers it came with.Instead I downloaded the free SPAD driver and the panel works perfect with no setup hassle.Good stuff.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Hi:  I too had a problem with the Saitek throttle quad in that it began spiking. It was a potentiometer problem with two of the three handles. I took them apart and cleaned the pots with alcohol. It's tricky as the wiring is very delicate. I wasn't impressed with the pots. I reassembled and got one handle working good. One is still no good and the third is spiking now. I hesitate to buy another throttle from them. Has anyone ever used the "FSX Throttle" which looks quite substantial and well made. I'd like to know if it works well.

If this is not the correct forum for this, my apologies to all.

Bobcat2