Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Paintkit - Missing templates?

Guest JustanotherPilot

In any PMDG 737NGX texture folder there are the daytime fuselage textures - pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_1, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_2, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_3. In the paintkit downloaded from precisionmanuals website the working paint file for the fuselage are (for the 800) pmdg_full_left.psd, pmdg_full_right.psd and the Targa files - PMDG_800_FUSE_LEFT_L.tga and PMDG_800_FUSE_LEFT_R.tga. My understanding for using (as with LVL-D767 and QWSIM 757) is that you add your paint scheme to the psd files, copy to the .tga files then convert to .dds files using imagetool, renaming to appropriate file names. My question - where are the templates for the pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_1, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_2, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_3 files? Viewing these files using DXTBmp they show as an unknown layout that I have not been able to copy my repaint into. What am I missing or what is the secret to adding to the final fuselage files. Anyone please?

I think maybe you got the wrong paint kit ?In my (NGX) paintkit there are NO pmdg_full_left/right.psd or ANY .tga files at all. Maybe thats the FS9 NG paint kit ? In the NGX paintkit the main file is pmdg_7378NGX_fuselage_master.psd. That file has the whole fuselage, front, middle and rear and left and right in a single file, all 80+ layers of it. If you haven't got 'pmdg_7378NGX_fuselage_master.psd' you haven't got the right paintkit.

Disregard my post - I found the files - indeed I had opened the FS9 repaint and not the FSX - thanks for your help