Sign in to follow this  

Our Tax $ At Work

Guest Lizardo

Inside C-130 transporting POW's from Afganistan. (Economy class)

Guest Fortress

>POW's...huh?, Yes I've seen these pics, but from a different angle. The "POW" bit is 'to be proved'.Paul

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline AwardOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logohttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gif

>>POW's>>>...huh?, Yes I've seen these pics, but from a different >angle. The "POW" bit is 'to be proved'. >>>Paul >

>

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gif >Voted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by >participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.com >VANF "Best" New Virtual Airline Award >Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name >and logo >http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gif >

What needs to be proven? They all have black hoods on and are tied together........Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

He says, that POW's have to be treated like POW's according to international law. Particularly by a country, that is the self-appointed leader of the free world.What we see looks more like a animal transport.Shame on US.RegardsHamsterpilot

Guest Joshieca

Hmmmmm....money should have been better spent.

Hamsterpilot... so we should use a nice, all first class 777 and offer them all wine and steak and use handcuffs that have a fluffy, soft covering on them? I dont see a thing wrong with the way they are being transported... POW is Prisoner of War, as I'm sure you knew... and these guys we're probably shooting at the US military the day or week before... maybe a couple of them even killed someone. There is nothing cruel about the way they are being transported in that picture.

"There is nothing cruel about the way they are being transported in that picture."Agreed, if they are all indeed guilty of a crime. The guilty ones hardly deserve the label of POW. Even the Geneva convention required POW's to act within a certain code of conduct to maintain their status. The guilty ones--they are criminals, and deserve no more respect than an insect. But my concern is also for the innocents. And it has already been proven that some of those who were treated this way had committed no crime, and had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. If this picture is not a fake, it gives me a great deal of disgust to know that my government acted with the bully tactics of a third world country. What I see in the picture is a blind blood lust--a "I don't care if >they< live or die attitude". I guarantee you if the innocent didn't hate the U.S. then, they hate it now.It's just my humble opinion, but I think the U.S. needs to tone down it's anti-terrorist "war". Treat the guilty as criminals. And quit blasting "another attack is coming" all over the airwaves every time a tape comes out from Al Qaeda. Airtime is a victory for terrorism, and that means they are winning the war, which has the simple goal of terror, disruption, and turning countries like ours into countries like theirs. We see an example of that in this picture, assuming even one of them is guilty of no crime.

If that is real, I think that maybe it's a bit extreme, even for POWs.They're still people, even if they are fighting on the opposite side.

It's extreme for the innocent, but I would not reward the guilty with the label POW, nor would I associate them with any side other than a criminal desire to maim, kill and sow terror for no reason other than glory or a baseless interpretation of the Koran. They do not fight for any "cause", or any nation. They are just drones, manipulated by an egomaniac. They don't know how to think for themselves, and can only echo the lies they are fed by the local Imam. It was funny...I had to read the Koran as part of a College thesis on Islam. I found it a text as easily manipulated for war as the Bible, yet also one to bring peace and understanding and a better way of living. Pity we rarely hear from those who understand it, and it's more a pity that those who interpret it wrongly have followed the same example as those who maimed and killed on behalf of a wrong interpretation of the Bible. It's a fine line to walk--defending those who are innocent, while deploring those who are guilty. They have no more excuse for their terrorism as a really bad dude had for his actions. If I were 100 pct. certain that no innocent were in that picture, then they are getting first class treatment compared to those whose lives were snuffed out on 9/11.....

It just looks worse than it actually is. They're merely blindfolded and secured. That's it. Now if they were being transported in any way that would be dangerous or painful to them, that would be wrong. They are people but they are also enemies of our country and have to be treated accordingly.Just remember, what if it was one of your family memebers that was killed as a result of 9/11 or during the battle in Afghanistan?

"Just remember, what if it was one of your family memebers that was killed as a result of 9/11 or during the battle in Afghanistan?"Kind of a low blow, don't you think? Are you saying that everyone brought to Cuba was guilty, and deserved to be treated like an animal? Or, maybe that those who were innocent are just casualties of war? Once we start believing that, then we're no better than the animals who hit us on 9/11, no better than the #####... As for 9/11, I suffered nearly as much as anyone who lost a loved one. On the flight that went down in PA, it was reported that an Andrew Garcia had perished. A common name, but I couldn't get in contact with a close friend by the same name, who traveled quite often. Not knowing whether someone is dead, whether for a week or a lifetime, is a living hell. I suspect a fair majority in this forum, or in the nation, had similar fears. One of my peers who shared my "cell"...a cute name for our adjoining cubes, lost a business associate in the WTC. Company wide (we number 1500), several lost loved ones. Others have their sons and daughters serving in battle right now. None of this justifies the rounding up of people, just because they happen to be a different race, or a different creed. We made mistakes in the rather young "war" on terrorism, and rounded up many and herded them to Cuba, then threw them in outdoor cages. I'd guess the majority were guilty, but I'd bet many weren't. And knowing some bad apples who claim the honor of being our fighting men, but carry their bigotry into battle, I would guess some got herded up just for looking at such "soldiers" in the wrong way. So I won't sit here any longer and argue about how 9/11 should make us feel justified about rounding up the good with the bad. You may feel free to do so, but I won't be listening...'nuff said

>So I won't sit here any longer and argue about how >9/11 should make us feel justified about rounding up the >good with the bad. You may feel free to do so, but I won't >be listening... >>'nuff said Well, I'm not about to call you stupid or wrong. That's what you believe and that's your right. But, I meant what I wrote and I'm going to stand by it. We just have different opinions on this matter. Thanks for your input though. :) Have a good night!Gary

"Well, I'm not about to call you stupid or wrong. That's what you believe and that's your right."I said 'nuff said, but seeing your response, I felt it important to say that that was the fairest, most polite response I think anyone could have ever written, condidering the way I responded to you. Thank you for that, for allowing me to offer an opinion.And as I said, the ones who are guilty are lucky compared to the ones that suffered on 9/11. Assuming they get to pay the ultimate price, they get to be "put to sleep", while those they murdered were burned or crushed alive. I'd rather see them locked in a cage with no books, no Koran, no outside contact, no stimulation of any kind. But then the liberals will cry "cruel and unusual punishment." When it comes to the guilty, my views harden due to the hell I, this country and our international friends were put through.Good night as well.... It's almost Friday!

Hey Hampster,Why would you think the United States is the

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg