Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

KSAN - RWY 09 is this an FMC Frequency Error?

Hi Everyone: When trying to land at San Diego KSAN RWY 09, the FMC tells me that the frequency is supposed to by 111.55 with a heading course of 92. But my personal charts of the same runway say the frequency should be 110.9 with a runway course of 92. When I try the frequency the FMC says, I get nothing on my PFD. When I try the frequency on my chart, I get the localizer and the glide slope to show up. Is there an error in the FMC data? I have the latest AIRAC cycle installed. Thanks, Chris Catalano

KSAN is now (latest AIRAC cycle installed) 111.55 092 .. you need to update your AFCAD. What is the date on your personal chart?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

FS uses its own database, 6 years old, the navdata will have any changes to current info but FS wont recognize it. Which always has me ask, why do we need current data if FS wont use it? :-)

Jay

FS uses its own database, 6 years old, the navdata will have any changes to current info but FS wont recognize it. Which always has me ask, why do we need current data if FS wont use it? :-)
You need to update your AFCAD in MSFS.

Best Regards,

I run into this all of the time and just deal with it by using whatever FSX prefers, lol. I've never played with AFCAD...easy to do?

You need to update your AFCAD in MSFS.
If it was just for this one approach, yes, but updating every change, thats worse than the monthly Jepps updates!

Jay

According to the US Government digital procedures (here) and Jeppesen (11-1, dated May 1, 09), it is indeed 111.55 and 092 inbound.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

use the LOC RWY27 its the more common approach for KSAN.
Which is more common 9 or 27?Whenever I have arrived (real world flights) from like JKF we always came in on 9! From WIKIpedia:When visibility is below 2 miles and during Santa Ana wind conditions, operations are reversed with landings and takeoffs to the east.
I run into this all of the time and just deal with it by using whatever FSX prefers, lol. I've never played with AFCAD...easy to do?
Some airports (KORD e..g.) have new runways / freqs / approaches.Are all your charts old also to match the MSFS database?Which database is in PMDGNGX?

Best Regards,

Some airports (KORD e..g.) have new runways / freqs / approaches.Are all your charts old also to match the MSFS database?
Well, I keep EFB, FSBuild, and PMDG aircraft updated with the latest AIRAC. When I come across the frequency differences between the charts EFB displays and what FSX shows (NGX), I'll go with the FSX version for the sake of convenience. With time on my hands, I'd could probably make some AFCAD updates...but never done that before.

If it was just for this one approach, yes, but updating every change, thats worse than the monthly Jepps updates!
Purchase new scenery or just update the few airports you fly often.Many have not changed ... or do not change often.
Well, I keep EFB, FSBuild, and PMDG aircraft updated with the latest AIRAC. When I come across the frequency differences between the charts EFB displays and what FSX shows (NGX), I'll go with the FSX version for the sake of convenience. With time on my hands, I'd could probably make some AFCAD updates...but never done that before.
I keep all my frequently used airports up to date ... I have time to do it .. or make time before the flight.

Best Regards,

From VATSIM ZLA's SOP (which is a slightly simplified version of the RW SOP at the time of it's writing) 1. San Diego Lindbergh Field shall normally use runway 27 for departures and arrivals unless the wind is out of the east at 10 knots or greater, at which time runway 9 shall be the active runway, regardless of visibility.2. If the reported ceiling drops below 700' and/or the visibility decreases below 2 statute miles, then San Diego shall use runway 9 for arrivals and departures.3. If the reported ceiling drops below 300' and/or the visibility below 1 statute mile, San Diego will use runway 9 for arrivals and runway 27 for departures. During this situation, arrivals and departures will both occur west of the field, and delays should be expected.

Steve Caffey

"Which is more common 9 or 27?Whenever I have arrived (real world flights) from like JKF we always came in on 9!" I mad an error ... should have said:Whenever I have arrived (real world flights) from like JKF we always came in on 27! Which would agree with the quote I made from WIKIpedia:When visibility is below 2 miles and during Santa Ana wind conditions, operations are reversed with landings and takeoffs to the east.

Best Regards,

RNY27 is much more common, probably 90% or more. 9 is used only when visibility is low which most often occurs early in the morning.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's been 27 every single time I've been there in real life. That approach is pretty famous for "The Parking Garage" that you pass over on short final and for the long displaced threshold.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com