Sign in to follow this  
ress

ATC ADD OND

Thinking of replacing the FSX ATC with a ATC add, using Windows 7 64, such as Votox or Radar Contact that does not take a big hit on Frame Rates and is most trouble free.Recommendiations much appreciared

Never even heard of it, what is it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Radar Contact is an excellent substitute for the default, offering more realistic procedures (not perfect but better in most respects) and it is simple to use too, which helps. It doesn't seem to clash with anything in my experience, including FS2Crew and Multi Crew Experience, and it has a pretty low system overhead as well. Has a good support forum too, right here on Avsim. All those things combine to make it a no-brainer purchase in my opinion. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Oooooh, he meant "ATC Addon" I thought ATC ADD OND was actually a new program lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have a look at PFE as well. The voices are much better and have regional dialects. Also there are a few extra features like taxiing directions.vololiberista

Not only that, but the communication with ATC is highly flexable. It's my all time ATC favorite. Jos EBBR

My two cents... I have used Radar Contact for the last 2 years and it is a very good add-on but also has certain problems.For the last five days, I have been using VoxATC, with voices purchased from Ivona, and it's the most fun I've had in FSX in a long time.The biggest difference between Radar Contact and VoxATC, is that in Radar Contact, you push a button to reply and in VoxATC, you actually speak to the controllers using a microphone.I was pretty nervous about doing this but after 5 minutes, it becomes completely normal and you'll never want to fly without it again. VoxATC also provides ATC for VFR flights as well as directing you to a parking space after you've landed, which Radar Contact doesn't.VoxATC also controls and speaks to the AI planes. For example, on a flight last night, I was taxiiing behind a 747 (I was in the Turbine Duke) and I heard the pilot ask for permission to cross the runway and then listened to him ask for permission to take-off etc, it was really immersive.I don't fly online, so I can't comment about the quality of real life controllers on Vatsim.You shouldn't experience any kind of frame rate hit with these add-ons.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

If I remember correctly from attempts to use both Radar Contact and VoxATC is that Radar Contact can be setup to be used with It's Your Plane and it permits voice commands. I need to improve my mic/headset to take full advantage of this program and perhaps for VoxATC as well. When I speak using VoxATC and the controller responds "last aircraft say again" it acknowledges my response the second time by me just keying again on my control and not even speaking. After VoxATC accepts my response even when I didn't say anything, I ask myself why bother. I have switched back to FSX ATC to finish flights when using VoxATC because the controller would fail to hand me off and when I attempted to switch frequencies to continue the flight, I would get directed back to the controller that stopped communicating with me. I'm sure this bug or series of bugs is not an issue for everyone, so you might try different programs to see which works best for you. Radar Contact comes with various voices for the controllers. If combined with It's Your Plane and a good headset, you can perform checklists using voice commands as well. If you are not flying multiplayer and sharing cockpits, you can key select for a simulated co-pilot to either handle radios only, controls only based on your flight plan, or let the simulated co-pilot handle both. At the end you can listen to a critique and practice improving your flying based on what you hear.

Keith Guillory

Radar Contact by itself does not perform checklists you need another programme like FDC which partially integrates with PFE. Or "voicechecklist" which is free on avsim. I use PFE combined with voicechecklist plus some cabin announcements which I was able to integrate into my panel so that they appear to be uncommanded.vololiberista

Thanks all for your help with your replies to my ATC add on question. Sorry for the confusion, will work on my typing.