Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

FSX won't boot

Hello, My FSX troubles still continue. I installed the FTX SP4 from the site to try and fix the troubles with the autogen missing. When it installed FSX would not boot. I got some type of error FSX handle error=0. It had something to do with EZdok so I uninstalled that. I thought it was cos I had deleted the 737 NGX profile in the the downloads folder but when I completely uninstalled EZdok, still no boot. I tried to reinstall C++ and .net but no fix. Now when I boot it just stops, no error at all. Thanks in advance,

Guest firehawk44
Hello, My FSX troubles still continue. I installed the FTX SP4 from the site to try and fix the troubles with the autogen missing. When it installed FSX would not boot. I got some type of error FSX handle error=0. It had something to do with EZdok so I uninstalled that. I thought it was cos I had deleted the 737 NGX profile in the the downloads folder but when I completely uninstalled EZdok, still no boot. I tried to reinstall C++ and .net but no fix. Now when I boot it just stops, no error at all. Thanks in advance,
Did you delete or rename the FSX.cfg and let the config rebuild itself? That fixes a lot of problems. You may have a corrupted dll.xml file too. Before installing FTX SP4, did you set the FTX config to North America? Also, look in your Event Viewer and see if there's an error message for FSX for the times and dates you tried to restart FSX. Best regards,Jim

Also, Andrew - when you say 'boot' I'm assuming you mean FSX launching.. right? The pc itself 'boots' - not the application. So - in addition to Jim's suggestions - a corrupt Logbook.BIN will also prevent FSX from launching, so you might like to download 'fsxlogrecovery11.zip' from the Avsim Library. Follow the instructions, putting FSXLog.exe inside the C:\Users\[ your_username ]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ folder, and then running it. It will examine the log file, tell you if it has errors, and will then repair it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have tried the logbook bin and rename the fsx.cfg. After I installed the SP4 i was surprised to find that FTX sceneries were set off so I enabled them and have not been able to get onto FSX since. I will try what you suggested and reply back. Thanks

Guest firehawk44
I have tried the logbook bin and rename the fsx.cfg. After I installed the SP4 i was surprised to find that FTX sceneries were set off so I enabled them and have not been able to get onto FSX since. I will try what you suggested and reply back. Thanks
Yes, you have to have the product turned on when you install the update. That could be the problem as your FTX textures were not updated. But I have never heard of it stopping FSX from booting. I have a feeling your dll.xml is corrupted. Best regards,Jim

OK thanks, will report back. Still recovering after a mouth operation so flying is a bit hard with a very soar mouth. Its doesn't have the highest priority but I am looking forward to getting FSX fixed.

Hang on, where am I supposed to find the dll.xml. I can't seem to find it on the system. also, where can I find the event viewer?

OK, I found the event viewer and this was all I could find for FSX, it was an AppHangThis is all it said: The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel. Process ID: 798 Start Time: 01cc74365e4ccee1 Termination Time: 4 Application Path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe Report Id: 241c9476-e02a-11e0-81c0-1c6f65c556f5 Hope you can help, Thanks

Guest firehawk44
Hang on, where am I supposed to find the dll.xml. I can't seem to find it on the system. also, where can I find the event viewer?
The dll.xml is located in the same folder as your FSX.cfg. I did some internet searching and found some other individuals having applications hanging in FSX - http://www.bing.com/search?q=event+id+1002+fsx&qs=n&sk=&form=QBRE . I would recommend reinserting your FSX DVD and selecting Repair when the screen shows up. If you have Acceleration installed, you'll need to do the same thing and select repair. Best regards,Jim

Last time I did repair it made it go from booting to not booting. I had a problem with something or other, I can't remember but could this have been because I didn't re-install Acceleration? Which order should I do them in?

Re-installing did not help. This is what happens. I start it, it boots as normal but before it gets to the menu the blue screen just disappears. FSX still says its open down the bottom on the taskbar but I can't select it and it says its not responding.

Guest firehawk44
Last time I did repair it made it go from booting to not booting. I had a problem with something or other, I can't remember but could this have been because I didn't re-install Acceleration? Which order should I do them in?
If you repair the main FSX program, you'll also have to do a repair with Acceleration or else FSX will hang up as it was not installed properly. Same goes if you do not have Acceleration but installed SP1 and SP2. You would have to run those two exe's and select repair too. You won't have to reinstall any of your addons though. BTW, I've seen some of your other recent posts here in other forums and your computer seems to be running great. I suspect you got it fixed? Or this is another computer? Nonetheless, this is the solution. Best regards,Jim

They would be a while ago or another game. I ran it with the acceleration pack installer after i did it with the one on the main FSX disk. I have acceleration on a USB as I do with many other games as a backup, could that be the cause?