Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

FSX won't boot

OK, i am guess we are out of ideas. I dont know what to do but I may try the acceleration disk again.

Well i looked around the web and found that it could be caused by a bad driver, 280 is really bad and been causing problems for me so it could be the problem.

Guest firehawk44
They would be a while ago or another game. I ran it with the acceleration pack installer after i did it with the one on the main FSX disk. I have acceleration on a USB as I do with many other games as a backup, could that be the cause?
Not sure what you mean by the comment that you have Acceleration on a USB. You mean, Acceleration is installed on the USB drive? Idea.gif Acceleration has to be installed on the same drive as FSX. Perhaps that is the cause. It appears Andrew I'm the only "expert" on this subject as no one else seems to be helping you. Sorry about that! LOL.gif Best regards,Jim

For me, it was the Logbook.BIN file that created the same issue. I just deleted it, and it rebuilt a new one. However, skimming through, it seems that didn't work for you? Good luck on this! I remember starting with a fresh install, when it wouldn't work, I had to reinstall my whole computer, Win7 and everything.

Don't delete it, Kreg - use 'fsxlogrecovery11.zip' from the Avsim library.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Not sure what you mean by the comment that you have Acceleration on a USB. You mean, Acceleration is installed on the USB drive? Idea.gif Acceleration has to be installed on the same drive as FSX. Perhaps that is the cause. It appears Andrew I'm the only "expert" on this subject as no one else seems to be helping you. Sorry about that! LOL.gif Best regards,Jim
No, I just have the contents of the disk on a USB as a backup. I was installing from a USB to the main FSX drive.
I tried that one and as posted earlier, didn't help.

Thanks! I'll look into that! Unfortunately, I saw a bit late...I lost my 3000+ hrs on FS9 and 1000+ on FSX. I guess none of that matters compared to my 3020+ RL flying time, which will never be lost....but still a bummer!

Guest firehawk44

We're running out of suggestions to fix your problem Andrew. My suggestion now is for you to completely uninstall FSX making sure all the FSX directories have been manually deleted from your system, run a registry cleaner, then reinstall. Make sure UAC and any anti-virus program has been disabled prior to installation. Somehow your FSX installation got corrupted. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
I do have a restore point I made about a month ago, but how much would that do?
Not anything for FSX unfortunately. It won't restore your FSX to a month ago and you could mess up updates to your system and any other software installed you might have installed since. Again, a clean uninstalled/reinstall as I outlined above is the painful, but probably the best solution to get FSX back up and running again. Make sure you uninstall Acceleration first (after you do this, try running FSX to see if this fixed the problem). If not, continue with the uninstall of FSX. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44
It has come to a re-install twice already. This would be my THIRD re-install.
Make sure it's a "clean" uninstall and "clean" reinstall. If you left remnants of FSX in previous uninstalls, this might have caused your current problem (the Microsoft uninstaller does not completely remove FSX from your computer). Uninstall Acceleration/FSX, then go into the directory listings and delete all the FSX directories (there's one in C:/Program Files(x86)/Microsoft/Microsoft Games; C:/Program Data/Microsoft/FSX; C:/My Documents/FSX Files; C:/User/(Your User Name)/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX); and C:/User/(Your User Name)/AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX). Make sure all those directories are removed. Next run a free registry cleaner you can download from the Internet (Google - Registry Cleaner). Reinstall FSX. Start FSX and customize your settings. Go Fly. If no problems, install Acceleration. Make sure your User Access Controls (UAC) and any anti-virus program has been disabled prior to reinstalling FSX. If FSX still works after installing Acceleration, then you can begin installing your Addons but I would recommend starting up FSX to at least the Startup Screen after you install each addon. This way the addon can get properly registered and, if there's a problem with an addon, you will immediately see what caused the problem. It's a little tedious and time-consuming but, in the long run, you should have a working FSX. Go Fly! (Apologize in advance if you already know all of the above procedures. Just not aware of your knowledge and expertise and wanted to make sure). Best regards,Jim

OK then, i will contact ORBX first though because i just find it a little funny for it to be working fine then install the SP4 and it fails to startup. It has to be an ORBX thing.

It doesn't have to be an Orbx thing at all, Andrew: if it was an OrbX thing everyone else would have it too., but certainly give them a call, as they may well walk you through a complete fsx uninstall/reinstall, and then an install of their products. They're pretty smart people y'know. smile.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.