Sign in to follow this  
RomeoMike

stutters getting worse and worse

Hi, I am very happy with the NGX and my system was coping with it quite well. Some freezes and CTD's at the beginning stopped after some tuning of my system. Furthermore, I kept having some micro-stutters, but not too disturbing. Those stutters seemed to happen more often with each flight and finally weren't microstutters anymore, but major stutters.Yesterday, on a 3 hour leg from LTBA to LSZH, for the first time I had really major stutters lasting up to 60 to 90 seconds (!). It looked like a complete system freeze (allthough I could move the mouse coursor and saw it moving) and after 90 seconds or so my sreen got white and then I saw the frames of the virtual cockpit and finally it went ok again. This happened about 6 times during the flight, with stutters up to 30 seconds at the beginning and 90 seconds at final approach. I don't use any add-on sceneries, REX graphics + ASE weather, FS INN (switched it off during the flight, but this had no impact on the stutters), lowered VC resolution during the flight also without impact. Stutters would happen on the ground, during approach as well as during cruise flight. FPS during stutters are stable at around 30. I use the antilag limiter set to 30FPS. Any ideas? Thanx, Ralf

I encounter severe stutters when running ASE with the NGX. It happens during the "depiction output" phase of an ASE WX update. Perhaps try turning automatic updates off, or adjusting to update less frequently.

Thanx Alex. I was going to try my next flight witout ASE anyway. But according to you, it should be anough to startup FSX with ASE weather, but uncheck the 'automatic weather download' box? I already set the automatic update to 30min, so can't adjust it less frequent and a major stutter every 30min is annoying enough. Thanx again and good luck avoiding the sharks!

O&O Defrag is critical, and done in they way described by NickN. Also, did you by chance partition your drive to have C on one partition and FSX on a second? If so that is a big no no that will cause you stutters. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Also if you use ASE in standard mode, you will get severe screen flickers. Paul Denner has a set up guide on this very forum to set up ase using DWC direct wind control. And what Mark said.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

O&O Defrag is critical, and done in they way described by NickN.
I regulary defrag my disk using the standard windows tool. Does O&O do a better job defragmenting my disk which means should I really use this tool to be properly able to use the NGX / have better performances on FSX?
Also, did you by chance partition your drive to have C on one partition and FSX on a second? If so that is a big no no that will cause you stutters.
No, I didn't partition my drive and have FSX installed in the default programs folder (which is not recommended, but I didn't know at the time I set up this system).
Also if you use ASE in standard mode, you will get severe screen flickers.
Not sure what you mean by thes flickers, but since using ASE, I get some kind og flickering when changing views. Those flickers last less than a second and as this only happens when changing views, it doesn't really bother me
Paul Denner has a set up guide on this very forum to set up ase using DWC direct wind control.
Yeah seen that and done that. Thanks to Paul and you guys fro trying to help me out. Anyhow, tonight I'll try a flight setting up my ASE.cfg once more as advised by Paul, disable the ase's automatic weather download and see what happens. This plane teaches me a lot about computer's and inbetween problems gives a great flying experience :-)

Hi, I am very happy with the NGX and my system was coping with it quite well. Some freezes and CTD's at the beginning stopped after some tuning of my system. Furthermore, I kept having some micro-stutters, but not too disturbing. Those stutters seemed to happen more often with each flight and finally weren't microstutters anymore, but major stutters.Yesterday, on a 3 hour leg from LTBA to LSZH, for the first time I had really major stutters lasting up to 60 to 90 seconds (!). It looked like a complete system freeze (allthough I could move the mouse coursor and saw it moving) and after 90 seconds or so my sreen got white and then I saw the frames of the virtual cockpit and finally it went ok again. This happened about 6 times during the flight, with stutters up to 30 seconds at the beginning and 90 seconds at final approach. I don't use any add-on sceneries, REX graphics + ASE weather, FS INN (switched it off during the flight, but this had no impact on the stutters), lowered VC resolution during the flight also without impact. Stutters would happen on the ground, during approach as well as during cruise flight. FPS during stutters are stable at around 30. I use the antilag limiter set to 30FPS. Any ideas? Thanx, Ralf
Are you using pre-render frames in Antilag's .ini (RenderAheadLimit)? If it's anything other than =0, I guarantee that's the issue. [config]RenderAheadLimit=0 <------- Use thisFPSlimit=30

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Are you using pre-render frames in Antilag's .ini (RenderAheadLimit)? If it's anything other than =0, I guarantee that's the issue. [config]RenderAheadLimit=0FPSlimit=30
Yes I am using 2. So you are saying if I change the renderahead to 0, and ignore the other recommendations in this thread, I should fly stutterfree? I will give it a try anyway.

Yes I am using 2. So you are saying if I change the renderahead to 0, and ignore the other recommendations in this thread, I should fly stutterfree? I will give it a try anyway.
Absolutely. Whoever is making that suggestion probably doesn't understand what it is they're actually suggesting. Whistle.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

O&O Defrag is critical, and done in they way described by NickN. Also, did you by chance partition your drive to have C on one partition and FSX on a second? If so that is a big no no that will cause you stutters. Mark.
So you are saying that FSX must be on the same partition like Windows? Never had it set-up this way...

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Try turning off your antivirus when you are flying, or exclude anything that you are using for FSX.
FSX was excluded from the beginning. I even turned it completely off during some flights. No changes. And the stutters got worse and worse. Will test tonight with above recommendations.

So you are saying that FSX must be on the same partition like Windows? Never had it set-up this way...
Well that's not me saying it but NickN who seems to be the go to guy on this stuff. Yes O&O will be better because you will be organizing the files in order by name so that there is faster movement of the reading head between files. This is also the reason that you want everything on the same partition (or on different drives altogether) so that the HD head is not jumping all over the place. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Antilag is the cause to your issues. RenderFrameAhead=0 will fix the stutter. Fragmented disk will not cause stutters and rarely will an AV program unless it's actively scanning the system.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well that's not me saying it but NickN who seems to be the go to guy on this stuff. Yes O&O will be better because you will be organizing the files in order by name so that there is faster movement of the reading head between files. This is also the reason that you want everything on the same partition (or on different drives altogether) so that the HD head is not jumping all over the place. Mark.
It is not true that you're going to get horrible stuttering unless you have FSX on a separate drive defragged in name order. It's a good idea to have it that way if you can, but it should not cause horrible stuttering unless the drive is extremely fragmented. Plenty of people do not do this stuff and it still runs fine. The obssession with running O&O Complet/NAME over and over again on an already defragmented drive doesn't do anything. Nothing's coming in and fragmenting the core FSX resource files (bgls, textures etc) that don't ever change. Having them in name order just optimizes loading, reduces load times etc - a defragmented drive where the files just aren't in name order should not cause stuttering.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com