Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

BSOD and startup error's

Hey everybody On my PC startup i am sometimes getting "A read disk error......" or "Select proper boot device...." Sometimes i get one of these error's sometimes not. But that isn't the biggest problem, the biggest problem is i am getting BSOD after a while. It can be after 10 min. or 10 hours. I have some information. The BSOD error code is: 0x000000F4 In the Windows log i get this errorcode when windows had failed to start up last time: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort2 or The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort1 or The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0 or The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Cdrom0 In Windows Reliability Monitor the reliability started to drop in 28th august to the 2. september then there wasn't any errors until 13 septemper where is started to drop again. Help please i haven't flown in 4 days because of this s#¤%, some of my flight simulator friends in denmark have told me it could be a dying harddrive (I have 2: A ssd and a normal one. The ssd is where windows runs from the normal is where FSX runs from) or a dying motherboard or RAM. Please help me solve this major problem. Or find it soo i can replace the part with a new one. Thank you.

My motherboard has a button called reset will this have the same effect as to take the battery out. And does it delete anything on the harddrive and do i have to config my 2 harddrives again. And does it solve the start uo issues as well. Thanks for the answer

My motherboard has a button called reset will this have the same effect as to take the battery out. And does it delete anything on the harddrive and do i have to config my 2 harddrives again. And does it solve the start uo issues as well. Thanks for the answer
You had better look up the motherboard manual before you do anything as don't know which reset button is that on board. Probably the Intel boards have it or do you mean the reset switch on your cabinet ?. I have a clear CMOS jumper. and no it will not delete any data. CMOS reset or clear is for the BIOS. Why remove the battery when you have a Jumper . Did you check the link ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Where can i find the jumper. The reset button is on the motherboard i have a: Asrock P67 EXTREME4 S1155 SATA6 USB3 CFX/SLI motherboard. Yeah i checked the link but i don't what all that tech stuff means.

Where can i find the jumper. The reset button is on the motherboard i have a: Asrock P67 EXTREME4 S1155 SATA6 USB3 CFX/SLI motherboard. Yeah i checked the link but i don't what all that tech stuff means.
I did tried removing the CMOS battery of my older mobo to solve same kind of issue, it works and doesn't delete any data on your harddrive, it just configures your PC to default, that is the changes made in BIOS, system time and date etc.

Do you have the motherboard manual ? the manual will show you the position of the jumper. If not then go in to CMOS and set it to default. Else as Prakhar says remove the Battery. How many drives do you have connected and which ones ?

2 Drives: 1 INTEL SSD X25-M G2 120GB SATAII 2.5" 250/70 r/w for Windows and 1 Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB SATA 32MB 7200RPM for FSX + Cdrom if thats counts as a drive. I think i have the manuel some where. Does it brake the warranty if i reset's it with the jumper?

2 Drives: 1 INTEL SSD X25-M G2 120GB SATAII 2.5" 250/70 r/w for Windows and 1 Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB SATA 32MB 7200RPM for FSX + Cdrom if thats counts as a drive. I think i have the manuel some where. Does it brake the warranty if i reset's it with the jumper?
Ohhh SSD sorry patrick I will step down. No experience/ knowledge of SSD's. Try the CMOS reset. I did read in the forum here that you probably need AHCI on the controller in the CMOS with SSD. I think the member who advised was Dazz. I am not sure though.

The warranty is fine if you reset the CMOS. You do not need to use the jumper - on the back IO panel there is a switch labeled CLEAR CMOS - press it and restart your system. Go online if you can't find your manual and download one. Look on page 13 item17 for a pic of the switch. Also if you do not have AHCI enabled, you nede to do that WHEN YOU INSTALL THE OS - doing it after will not work. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is a HDD controller configuration which is available in the CMOS,