Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

Can't see the FMS clearly enough to press MENU button

The Manual states "To access the FMS based Setup/Configuration menu from cold and start simply press and hold the MENU button on the FMS until the FMS screen comes to life" When starting with the engines running (not in the cold and dark state) the FMS is too small to find the MENU button. How can I increase it's size? Cliff Harris

I am not sure that I understand exactly what you mean here fella. Either zoom in closer or if you have it in 2d move your mouse to the edge of the cdu and expand it like you would a window in windows. Thats if you are talking about what I think you are. Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Sorry, if i didn't make my self clear.I meant, if you are in the VC.Or are you saying that you open the 2D CDU and it opens very small? Can we see a screenshot?

If you are in VC, click on the screen of the FMC. A 2D version will instantly appear in the lower-right corner. The FO FMC/CDU appears in the upper-right. You can resize both of these to suit yourself so you can see it. Or you could zoom in.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

All of these basic suggestions are clearly stated in the introduction to the NGX provided by PMDG when you downloaded your NGX. There is also a TON of other interesting stuff in there. Give it a good read. You won't be disappointed.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Can you tell us your system specifications, including what type and how many monitors? Are you in the Virtual Cockpit or the 2D cockpit? Thanks

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

My thanks to all of you as you've solved my problem. It's like being in a room with several friends giving a helping hand. Now to start digging deeper and seeing how I fare with the tutorial. What a pleasure. Regards..........Cliff