Damien

Cera Sim Bell 222 Released

wow looks great, rotorcraft simmers must have this addon

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

wow looks great, rotorcraft simmers must have this addon
This helicopter sure looks nice. Any opinions out there beside the op's ? Thx

This helicopter sure looks nice. Any opinions out there beside the op's ? Thx
If you're into rotorwings this is the new a must have.

If you're into rotorwings this is the new a must have.
VMC, did you buy it ? how's the night lighting in the VC ? Any other info you wish to share ? Thx Vic

VMC, did you buy it ? how's the night lighting in the VC ? Any other info you wish to share ? Thx Vic
Hi, Yep, I bought it. I'm glad I did. I don't notice any fps hit at all but your results may vary. I have zero hours on real world helicopters so I can't comment on how realistic the flight dynamics is but those guys at hovercontrol seems to think its pretty darn good. Here's a night VC shot. The overhead can be hard to see at certain places but I'm ok with it. nightvc.jpg

Hi, Yep, I bought it. I'm glad I did. I don't notice any fps hit at all but your results may vary. I have zero hours on real world helicopters so I can't comment on how realistic the flight dynamics is but those guys at hovercontrol seems to think its pretty darn good. Here's a night VC shot. The overhead can be hard to see at certain places but I'm ok with it. [clip]
Looks nice. Judging by this thread not many people seem interested in this helo tho . Would this helo be at the same level as the dodosim ? Thanks !

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo. You're right, MyB - the Aerosoft Huey attracted more attention, and with more complaints about the startup and sound than the flight model - which apparently is very good, though not quite as good as the Dodo... pity.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo.You're right, MyB - the Aerosoft Huey attracted more attention, and with more complaints about the startup and sound than the flight model - which apparently is very good, though not quite as good as the Dodo... pity.
Paul J, maybe he paused the sim to take the picture. I do like the the looks of the b222 but I'm more into "study-sims" so I wouldn't know if it's for me.

If it can be hovered at 80 or 100 feet while taking pics of an airport expressway, then - no - it's not at the same level as the Dodo.
I'm not sure that's a conclusive way to assess its accuracy, after all, it wouldn't be much of a chopper simulation if it could not be hovered at 80 feet, since the abilty to do that is kind of the point of helicopters. Don't have this one myself, but I do have Cera's 212 Twin Huey, and whilst it isn't as good as the Dodo in terms of obsessive accuracy, it's not a million miles behind it, and certainly good enough to please any hard core chopper fan. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for Dodo to get their Huey out of the hangar, that's the one I really want to see. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guys, Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that I can't. Here's the Dodo set at level 5 with crash detection on. No it was not paused. Yes, I can take my hands off the collective just long enough to press "V". On the second image my nose started turning right as I reached for the key but stayed in the same spot.Let's just say that I'm a fixed wing pilot with a rotor wing fetish. Whistle.gifdodo_settings.jpgdodo_hover-1.jpgdodo_hotel.jpg

Jordan Moore of HC fame did a fde update for the 222B...it's really nice! Get it here:http://www.hovercont...icopter_Configs

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

"Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that I can't." Oh no - I certainly can fly the Dodo - in any situation you wish, including low altitude autos and mild aerobatics. It did take a number of flights before that a stable hover was possible with my 28" no-spring heli (style) control stick and collective lever. It's much much easier with a sprung joystick and a friction-held slideable collective. Not to disparage your abilities, Vmc, but me seeing that hovering shot right after the 222 was released suggested to me that it was another "great new FSX helicopter, tested by r/w pilots" - "just add power, pull on the collective and it hovers like a dream". It has to be the equal or better than the Dodo - which is still the most realistic sim heli I've flown. Thirty-odd years of flying mostly fully aerobatic - including 3D - R/C helicopters, plus some limited full-size practice in another life taught me how to fly choppers, and it looks like there's still nothing around to move that 206 off its perch.Anyway - conclusive enough to make me think three or four times before buying it. I purchased two helicopters before the Dodo based on other folks' recommendations, and they both now sit in my junk box collecting dust. Thanks, Ryan - Yes - Jordan is quite the expert in the FD mod area, but I need to see lots more positive comments from folks like him on the HC site before I buy another. Oh - and if you want a Dodo challenge - fly two or three circuits with the hydraulics switched off... Peace.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Of course it's not a dodosim, but it's great for all I want to do. I don't think there's a huge interest in chopper for fsx anyway,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Paul J, You sir are a flight sim GOD. I prostrate myself before you. No, I do not want to challenge you in anything flight sim because I know that you will just pwn me and have me crying back to my mama in deep shame. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif