Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Cera Sim Bell 222 Released

C'mon, man.. stop bein' daft! - and I was quite serious about the Dodo challenge (not me challenging you!! I/m not that bloody big-headed - I can fly choppers, that's all). Hug.gif If you really want some oddball fun - try this for me:- Get in the Dodo, do a normal start - but don't switch on the hydraulics! You will be amazed at how she flies without power-driven control! It forces you to anticipate what the blasted thing is going to do next! Once you're off the ground - go and do a few circuits just to see for yourself! It is a great exercise, and the next flight - turn the hydraulics back on.. You will instantly be a better pilot! wink.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

...not me challenging you!! I/m not that bloody big-headed - I can fly choppers, that's all...
Oh. Whew.gif Well why the heck didn't you say so in the first place. Straight Face.gif Free flight instruction? You bet I'll try it. I have nothing but time right now. LOL.gif

Hmm, this is the same exact price as the Nemeth Augusta 109 which I was considering. Anyone with both that has any thoughts?

Hmm, this is the same exact price as the Nemeth Augusta 109 which I was considering. Anyone with both that has any thoughts?
Maybe you could try asking over at hovercontrol. You'll prob get an answer there.

I have two of the Nemeth aircraft, Dave - the Huey and the MD902 - nice, but neither of which is outstanding in any particular fashion. It looks like it may turn out to be an excellent "2nd" to the Dodo. Gotta follow the leads at HoverControl!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have both.. The 109, While being a beautifully modeled aircraft has had problems with the Flight Dynamics. We've been waiting for a patch for the dynamics since July with no word on when it'll be due.. Nemeth just keeps saying it's coming.. I have a couple Nemeth aircraft (120, 135 and 109) and most recently bought the Cera line (212, 222 and 412) and I can honestly tell you that the Cera helos are leaps and bounds ahead of Nemeth Designs'. Hope that helps.. One more thing I want to add is that you take a bit of a frames hit on the 109, whereas I've noticed no hit to frames on any of Cera's aircraft.. -Damien

I'm inclined to agree with Damien. I have the ND 500, 135, 902, and ch53. I also bought the Cera 412EP ages ago, and the Dodo. Just the other day I purchased the Cera 222B. My order of preference for "feel", immersion, and what I feel to be realism is as follows.1. The Dodo 206. Still top of the heap, and nothing out there to touch it as yet.2. The Cera 412. Feels pretty realistic (my view), and is a complete joy to fly for hours on end.3. There is no three just yet. The 222B doesn't feel quite right to me, but I need to check out my FSUIPC settings tomorrow. It just seems to wallow somehow, but it maybe I'm using a fixed wing curve in my FSUIPC settings. It's certainly a beautiful craft, and I fell in love with it the first time I saw in the 1980's. If it turns out what I'm feeling is down to my FSUIPC, then this Cera 222B will be number three without a doubt. Those are followed by the Nemeth copters, but only the 902. I don't rate the others much at all.

I can't fly the A109....the fde is crazy impossible to use. This 222 is slower but with the Jordan moore fde, it's excellent. edit: tony - have you tried the jordan moore fde patch at hovercontrol? Fixed things quite nicely.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've gone ahead and purchased the Cera 222 and I am really enjoying it. The visuals are a treat, the performance is solid and I think the FDE feels good. Cera came out with a patch very quickly that addressed many of the owners concerns.

I definitly would like to see a dodo sim Huey big fan of them our airforce is now replacing them with NH90's so i wont see it in the skys for much longer Long live the huey

I've gone ahead and purchased the Cera 222 and I am really enjoying it. The visuals are a treat, the performance is solid and I think the FDE feels good. Cera came out with a patch very quickly that addressed many of the owners concerns.
It did? There is a 3rd party FDE modification from Jordan Moore over at HoverControl, but the only official patch I can see from Cera is for their Bell 212, not the 222.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Long live the huey
Yup, been awaiting the Dodo Huey for a long long time, we still have not yet seen the definitive classic Huey for FSX, and I've long hoped that Dodo's effort will be it. The Aerosoft one is okay, as is the Nemeth one, with the Area 51 variant looking good but being more generic as far as flight modeling goes although frankly the best sim Huey is not in FSX at all, but inthe standalone combat flight sim, Whirlwind of Vietnam, although that's a Charlie model and not the more iconic D or H variant. Some of the other later twin Hueys for FSX from Cera are pretty good as well of course. The good news for rotorheads these days however is from yet another standalone chopper sim, that being the very likeable Take on Helicopters, which has a Huey (of sorts) in it, two actually (N and H models), although they are lookalikes in the style of Hueys rather than exact replicas. Nevertheless, ToH is where it's at for challenging rotary-winged flying and well worth the cost of entry. I posted a vid of one of the missions from it on youtube the other day if anyone is curious about it, this in the MD500:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have a heck of time flying RW in FSX and i flew RW real world from the late 70's till mid 90's - been doing FW since then. Never did buy the dodo sim 206 but I will probably get the huey when they release it. I spent some time on the 204 (smaller version of the 205 huey) and really liked that machine. I have the Cerra 212 & 412 and I must say this 222 looks good enough to buy for me so I probably will.

I have a heck of time flying RW in FSX and i flew RW real world from the late 70's till mid 90's - been doing FW since then. Never did buy the dodo sim 206 but I will probably get the huey when they release it. I spent some time on the 204 (smaller version of the 205 huey) and really liked that machine. I have the Cerra 212 & 412 and I must say this 222 looks good enough to buy for me so I probably will.
Yep, I hear ya. The break out moment for me was when I bought the Saitek AV8R and chopped off the springs. That and the mind numbing hours upon hours spent in front of the computer screen.