Sign in to follow this  
bmwbmwbmw

SCENERY.CFG file error Area 126

Hi all, Everytime i start up my FSX, i get the following message "SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.126. Click OK to continue." Picture of the message attached. What can i do to fix this? I have thought about reinstalling FSX but am scared of losing any previous scenery/aircraft i may of downloaded. Any help would be appreciated.

What add ons do you have? If i was you i would put the fsx disk in a run a repair but this can affect some add ons. If you gave us more info we could help more, like your pc spec, which version of FSX you are running and which add ons you have. Cheers, Jack

I am running FSX deluxe edition with FSX acceleration expansion pack added on, i have a few things from aerosoft installed such as Ibiza X, Manchester, then i have plane software etc. I have tried running a repair but this does not make a difference. Below is my system spec and it runs like a dream. OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home PremiumVersion 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Manufacturer HP-PavilionSystem Model VG251AA-ABU HPE-063ukSystem Type x64-based PCProcessor Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.05, 11/09/2009SMBIOS Version 2.6Windows Directory C:\WindowsSystem Directory C:\Windows\system32Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1Locale United KingdomHardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"User Name Owner-PC\OwnerTime Zone GMT Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GBTotal Physical Memory 7.99 GBAvailable Physical Memory 5.71 GBTotal Virtual Memory 16.0 GBAvailable Virtual Memory 13.5 GBPage File Space 7.99 GBPage File C:\pagefile.sys

Go to C:ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and with notepad open scenery.cfg If you have not done so already in order to see the ProgramData folder get into Windows Exploxer then go to Tools>Folder Options>View, under Hidden files and folders put a check in Show hidden files, folder, and drives then click apply. Once you get the scenery.cfg opened go to number 126 and fix the path or just delete it completely. If you delete it then you can download, install and run FTX Scenery, it will renumber everything for you, you will not need to renumber all your areas manually.http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/resources-g.shtmlDownload the link labeled "Utility to sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers"

Pretty nifty little app! Thanks for the link - sure beats doing it by hand!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Jim,I found the folder and so many scenery.cfg files.I deleted area.121 but still say's the same. so I did it in the wrong file.How do I find the right one?I tried to copy the files but I couldn't.Les

Guest firehawk44
Hi Jim,I found the folder and so many scenery.cfg files.I deleted area.121 but still say's the same. so I did it in the wrong file.How do I find the right one?I tried to copy the files but I couldn't.Les
Hi Les,Again, you need to look in the C:Program DataMicrosoftFSX folder. That's where the working one exists. There may be several backup scenery.cfg's in that folder. Look for just 'scenery' and open that one up. If you have your files program to show extensions, you should see a column that tells what kind of file it is (i.e., bak, old, txt, cfg). Look for cfg. Not to confuse you but just look for scenery and open that one up and delete Area.126 and everything associated with Area.126 (should be about 4 lines). Save it and restart FSX. You want to delete Area 126, not Area 121Best regards,Jim

Go to C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSX and with notepad open scenery.cfg If you have not done so already in order to see the ProgramData folder get into Windows Exploxer then go to Tools>Folder Options>View, under Hidden files and folders put a check in Show hidden files, folder, and drives then click apply.Once you get the scenery.cfg opened go to number 126 and fix the path or just delete it completely.If you delete it then you can download, install and run FTX Scenery, it will renumber everything for you, you will not need to renumber all your areas manually.http://home.earthlin...sources-g.shtmlDownload the link labeled "Utility to sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers"
HI.I have kinda the same problem. my message says- Scenery.cfg file error. Local directory (AerosoftAESScenery) in scenery Area 121 not found. I uninstalled AES and looks like after that I started getting this error, not sure. I was following those steps but no luck, I cannot open with notepad open scenery.cfg, there is no such option. I cannot pick an option Wordpad. Every time I open it, it generate error message, that I don not a program to do that. Please help.Marry Christmas.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Guest firehawk44
HI.I have kinda the same problem. my message says- Scenery.cfg file error. Local directory (AerosoftAESScenery) in scenery Area 121 not found. I uninstalled AES and looks like after that I started getting this error, not sure. I was following those steps but no luck, I cannot open with notepad open scenery.cfg, there is no such option. I cannot pick an option Wordpad. Every time I open it, it generate error message, that I don not a program to do that.Please help.Marry Christmas.
Try downloading and installing the Scenery Config Editor at the following link or here on AVSIM Library: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/v1.1.0/. Once installed, it will find your scenery.cfg and fix it.Best regards,Jim

Try downloading and installing the Scenery Config Editor at the following link or here on AVSIM Library: http://sourceforge.n...r/files/v1.1.0/. Once installed, it will find your scenery.cfg and fix it.Best regards,Jim
Very appreciate that. Looks like that prog has fixed all issues. Works fine.Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

hi can anybody helpI have the remote scenery cfg error 200 201 which are default. any help would be gratly appreciatedthankyou

Here ya go, Mikey:0http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52676345/SceneryConfigEditor-installer-1.1.0.exe

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.