Sign in to follow this  
vx4ever

FSDT KLAX is out!

i got most of the orbox airports and also have all the fsdt airports and have no major frame hits with either, except for ymml which is a big hit for me i get down to 10fp at ymml on the ground but with no stutters which is the main thing.
YMML is just the worst for FPS.

FSDT does demos for all their airports but only runs for like 5 or more minutes then all the buildings and other stuff disappear. Brought it today and it's awesome except for the other stuff which I've posted on their forums. :D

YMML is just the worst for FPS.
If you don't look at the frame counter, YMML is fine.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20FPS, with 100% AI (UT2)

yes, but you notice them when you move around the VC and its all jittery.
Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20 -23 FPS, with 100% AI (UT2). Would having an i5 make the difference ? I know the 2600K has a 8 mb cache, which fsx uses, or maybe it is just a setting.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20FPS, with 100% AI (UT2) Ahh, ok, I have the same set up as you, well almost, including motherboard, and my 2600K is @4.5. I have a GTX580, but that's the only difference. I have it smooth in the VC. Getting around 20 -23 FPS, with 100% AI (UT2). Would having an i5 make the difference ? I know the 2600K has a 8 mb cache, which fsx uses, or maybe it is just a setting.
Don't think so. I expect a fair bit from the. I get about the same FPS as that but use 85% WoAI. I have AA and AF set pretty high so it could be that. What aircraft do you get those FPS in?

The NGX. I am usin 8xs 16AF. UT2 for ai. And have mipmapped all the models.. Are you using any fs9 models for your WOAI planes, that can drop your fps, maybe. Even @ YBBN, my rig is smooth, and that can be a heavy hitter, as you know.

Not impressed to be honest, the runway textures just dont do it for me at all, not upto Fly Tampas latest standards im afraid, i also get 15fps on approach to 7L with my 2500K @ 5Ghz and GTX570.

Not impressed to be honest, the runway textures just dont do it for me at all, not upto Fly Tampas latest standards im afraid, i also get 15fps on approach to 7L with my 2500K @ 5Ghz and GTX570.
I was having performance problems also. When I disabled aircraft shadows it more than doubled my frame rates.

NAX669.png

"Not impressed to be honest" I agree this looks rushed to tell you the truth, flytampa rules im Not Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Sad but true, the shadows have to go there or my 100% UT2 brings fps down severely, you are right. Without the shadows, the scenery is a real fps charmer, even with the Concorde X on approach. I still have to try the Maddog though. Drooling.gifI think I saw that shadow fps hit at some other sceneries too, which is strange since my system usually runs the a/c shadows without a problem.

Have a look on our forum here: http://www.fsdreamte...g43473#msg43473 Asking to turn off airplane shadows, as a test, helped us finding an entirely unrelated problem, which is triggered by that option, so we found and fixed it, we should release an update in the next days which will hopefully also include fixes for the flickering lights and the problems at the taxiway bridges. On my system, I've gained more than 15 fps with that fix, with shadows on.

I do not have aircraft shadows on yet still have flickering light poles just an fyi.

Rich Sennett

Thanks, Umberto. I've obviously missed the search and the read over at FSDT.

I do not have aircraft shadows on yet still have flickering light poles just an fyi.
Nowhere has been said that turning off airplane shadows will fix the flickering light poles problem. It will only fix the fps problem, until we release a patch (which will have almost the same fps with airplane shadows on/off) which will ALSO likely deal with the flickering lights and the taxiway bridges, but it's an entirely unrelated problem to the airplane shadows, it's just that it doesn't make much sense to release a patch only to fix the fps problem today, and release another one after a couple of days for the other things, considering the fps can be sorted by turning off the shadows in the *meantime*