Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

FSDT KLAX for FSX Released

*update: im flying the demo. look like the Team that has made los angeles is the one that has made PHNL coz i remember there are 2 development team at FSDT. the textures look much more better then Dallas. may i be wrong but this is my feeling. the hands on KLAX looks the same of PHNL.

Theres big holes in the ground too around the edges of the bridges. Very very messy. I expect better before i buy this.I stand by the ugly ground comments. It looked better for a few seconds before their textures load. Once they load, AHHHH, its ugly arsed mess.Shame because the rest of it is above average & we need a good LAX in FSX.
Thruster If you see any problems you should post them at there forum so they can take a look at it the ground looks different because its not the traditional ground you normally see its done via Shaders. below is part of page 12 of the manual explaining this. FSDreamTeam Los Angeles International Airport LAX - page 12 Design Notes This scenery has been made using brand new design methods in FSX. The challenge was to create such large airport, without compromising quality and texture sharp- ness on ground. Because of this, new design methods, based on native FSX Shaders had to be imple- mented, and our .DLL module Addon Manager, is helping to bypass some limita- tions of the FSX SDK, that will not normally allow to use native FSX shaders and fully custom ground textures, without visual artifacts. In order to enjoy the scenery at its fullest, we suggest the following: • Keep the “Mesh Resolution” slider at 5m/pixel, and the “Mesh Complexity” slider at 100. With less resolution, some visual problems might appear. • If you have an ATI video card, don’t use the “Adaptive Antialiasing” feature, because it will cause visual problems on the ground. • Due to the technique used, there might be some areas of the scenery that don’t show the user airplane shadow correctly, this is normal, and it only happen in a few places. • Late in the afternoon, or early down, the Shader effects on the ground are more visible, since the sunlight comes from an angle that makes the Bump mapping and Specular mapping used on the concrete more apparent. • On your Video Card control panel, set the “Anisotropic Filter” to 8x or 16x, don’t use the default “Application Controlled” setting • IMPORTANT - On the Addon Manager menu, be sure you have the “Force HD Textures” option ENABLED! This is very important in order to enjoy the scenery at its full quality, since it enables the usage of 4096x4096 texture resolution, which is how most of the textures in the scenery were designed for.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I suspect it's the AI traffic indeed. I let FSX rebuild the fsx.cfg, and it all works now (although FPS are rather horrid). However, the MTX entry is also not present - yet. I'll add it and see what happens. There are no duplicate AFCADs. EDIT: Added in the AI, and bam, CTD at 100% loading. No idea why, it works at all other places. Somebody have a clue?
Ah i see now you must have a bad texture file somewhere in mtx happened once to me in simwings aerosoft Madrid scenery using world of ai, it kept crashing over and over till I disabled ai traffic and it was fine I then went on a crazy hunt for the missing texture not sure about the MTX entry hope it fixes it I'm currently using ut2.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Guest firehawk44

Another great product from FSDT. Runs great and absolutely no load on the FPS. Best regards,Jim

Hi, Already downloading.... SWEET
Just a small question, Michael, Was that earlier discount that I had read about a couple of months ago to purchasers of their earlier stuff being offered by FSDT available to use with this purchase? Thanks.

I don't know if I have a bad install or not. I've read posts that say the performance is really good, but when I'm sitting on runway 7L I have frame rates in the mid teens with the NGX and the Level-D 767.

NAX669.png

Here's my take on the new KLAX: PRICE: Not bad when you consider the detail of this brilliantly produced airport. If you took advantage of the discount, you got a bargain. PERFORMANCE: In the low 20s, but smooth, considering the HD textures. DETAILS: Lots of eye candy, especially at night. Day textures look very good too. I think that FSDT has done a fantastic job with this new airport. It's different, yet similar to most of their excellent airports. Is it my favorite FSDT airport, NO! But, it's one that I will enjoy for many years to come. SCORE: 9 OUT OF 10

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ahh Jeeese I just bought the new Cerasim Bell 222 lol.... muuuuust ressiiiist! DJ, how does it compare to DFW performance and looks-wise? I've got their DFW, LAS, ORD, and JFK sceneries, but DFW hurts my fps the most.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ahh Jeeese I just bought the new Cerasim Bell 222 lol.... muuuuust ressiiiist! DJ, how does it compare to DFW performance and looks-wise? I've got their DFW, LAS, ORD, and JFK sceneries, but DFW hurts my fps the most.
Ryan, About the same performance as KDFW and it looks even better. The colors are more vibrant at KLAX. 2451.jpg5752.jpg1683.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't know if I have a bad install or not. I've read posts that say the performance is really good, but when I'm sitting on runway 7L I have frame rates in the mid teens with the NGX and the Level-D 767.
Mike something must be wrong that's too low still testing out different payware aircraft.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

It is your settings. Aircraft shadows can cause problems as well. Since most have good crisp textures, you won't till you change your sliders. or maybe this airport addon is not for you. So your score of 4/10 would be for your set up ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

A++ The best airport so far. Bar none. I have a very minor complaint though. They left out The Proud Bird. Come on guys. LOL.gif

I am definitely looking forward to this. I will start flying to LAX again soon.

Keith Guillory