I bought AS5 on my last chip because at the time that was supposed to be the “best.” Then opinions changed and OCZFreeze was being purported to be the “best.” When I researched I found Gellid GC,was being purported as the “best,” so that is what I have now. You see a theme here? Currently Indigo is purported as the “best” but is incompatible with many of the most common cooling solutions and requires that you to get your CPU to 95-degrees (throttling) (hard to do on a large heat sink) as part of the installation process. Actually the more I think about it; ridiculus.. Artic Cooling MX-4 is a very good paste, probably the “second best to Indigo at about 2/10ths of a degree difference between it and Indigo and a much more normal application process not requiring you to cook your processor for the welding process and probably what I would buy now. Prolimatech PK-1 is better than MX-4 but not sure where or if you can buy it. See: http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2101425 Oddly I have seen some reviews of the stock paste that comes with the OEM chip and they are very good, maybe the "best."

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Hi Well, after looking to the cooler Corsair Hydro H80, I see that there is no paste coming with it... I don´t no if it is normal or not. So, I must choose one... harpsi

I think the H80 comes with it. I cant imagine that the H50, 60 and 70 and probably the H100 but not the H80. Let me check.Yep, it has it. Good stuff apparently but i didn't use it so I cant really tell you.

I think the H80 comes with it. I cant imagine that the H50, 60 and 70 and probably the H100 but not the H80. Let me check. Yep, it has it. Good stuff apparently but i didn't use it so I cant really tell you.
Mine doesn´t have.... I already checked... harpsi

Hi OK, Now I see the problem.The cooler has already the paste placed on it like a square, but a part of it is gone. Can I clean all of it and replace the place for another thermal paste? harpsi

I just put together my system and used the paste that came with the Corsair A70. Have I got a problem?
No, I used the stuff on my H60...yeah temps could be a tad lower but I go around 60C when using FSX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi OK, Now I see the problem.The cooler has already the paste placed on it like a square, but a part of it is gone. Can I clean all of it and replace the place for another thermal paste? harpsi
Yes, use nail polish remover and a coffee filter to clean it or buy a product meant for it.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Yes, use nail polish remover and a coffee filter to clean it or buy a product meant for it.
No alcohol? harpsi

No alcohol? harpsi
Of course alcohol but only for drinking while you work! Kidding, you can use alcohol but I do not like it because unless it is pretty pure, it leaves a residue. Mind you nail-polish remover might leave residue if you don't use the correct one. Alcohol or nail-polish remover works.

Regards,
Gary Andersen