Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Hydraulic Pumps

Completed a long flight YBBN-WIII. Parked up,saved the panel state at shut-down as I was hoping to re-use it as the idea was to carry on the stop-over after a re-fuel onwards on another long haul flight to EHAM. Everything in pre-flight went well but when it came to the engine starts----zilch. Checked everything then discovered through EICAS that Hyd Pumps 1+4 were not pressurizing,and thus could not fire the engines. Odd, as I had no system failures pre-set or opted for. So, my question is why would these 2 pumps go down yet Hyd Pumps 2+3 were ok? And is there a way to replenish/service these pumps ala NGX? Had to re-start as a new flight, C+D panel state, and only then got those Hyd Pumps to work correctly. Thanks in advance for any help.

The hydraulic systems have nothing to do with engine starts. Make sure you have some sort of bleed air (APU) to start the engines.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The hydraulic systems have nothing to do with engine starts. Make sure you have some sort of bleed air (APU) to start the engines.
Thanks for that suggestion, useful as it is, but having done countless C+D starts with the 'Queen', I am fully aware of the bleed air requirement, and the APU was on.

Sounds like a corrupt panel load :( Unfortunate. Just out of mere curiosity, when you refer to hydraulics, do you mean you don't have pressure with the demand pumps on and the engine/s not running? or you have the engines running AND the demand pumps on? Again, sounds like just a plain old corrupted panel load. Happy flying! Ashley frew.

Sounds like a corrupt panel load sad.png Unfortunate. Just out of mere curiosity, when you refer to hydraulics, do you mean you don't have pressure with the demand pumps on and the engine/s not running? or you have the engines running AND the demand pumps on? Again, sounds like just a plain old corrupted panel load. Happy flying! Ashley frew.
Thanks Ashley. You may have been on the right track coz when I tried to replicate it again after a re-boot, everything seemed to work fine, and I have since then managed a good few long-haul flights and had no issues(now switched to accumulating hours on the MD-11). And yes, did not have pressure with Hyd Pump 4 switched to Aux.