Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Reno Air Race accident

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Grace 8 crew from PMDG is ok - I just got a text from RSR. A plane crashed into the crowd a little bit ago at the Reno Air Races. It's national news on the various stations. The Video on CNN looks really bad - seems like it was one of the Unlimited class planes like a P-51 or a Sea Fury - it nose dived straight into the spectator area west of the main grandstand area at a very high rate of speed. More info as I get it - our thoughts are with the victims... just terrible. EDIT - CNN confirming it was a P-51 now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

wow glade they were ok that's crazy things happen in a matter of seconds horrible will have to check out the cnn video.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Robert was the first thing I thought of when I saw the alert - Glad he's okay but my heart goes out to those injured and their families. I hope it's not as bad as the first reports are saying.

Noah Bryant

Very sad news. Just watched the video and I'm just.... I can't say much anymore. :(

Terrible, terrible news. Glad to hear the PMDG crew is OK. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

yes just saw it myself horrible and the terror those people felt I pray and hope for the best it reminds me of the horror I saw on 911 I lived in new jersey across the river when the building came down and the people it was like nightmare I really don't talk about it to much it just a horrible feeling.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

RIP to Jimmy Leeward [Pilot] and all the others that died at the Air Race today.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

First place I came to was here to make sure the pmdg crew was ok. Glad they are fine. Sympathy goes to all those injured/killed.

Eric 

Was Jimmy Leeward in the B model P-51. Sad sad news indeed, he was a great man. Horrible situation. My heart goes out to all involved.

Came home from work and seen this on the news. Very sad :( Glad the crew from PMDG is okay but my heart goes out to the families. R.I.P.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I just saw this in the news and I also rushed to check here to make sure it wasn't Roberts crew/plane.. Glad to hear they are ok, but it is sad that a pilot/others lost their lives in the accident. From what I have read it seems very bad with a high number of dead, and an even greater number injured... Hopefully those that were injured will recover. I have not seen any footage of the accident myself, but like I said just reading the articles it seems very bad.

Longer footage shows it pulling up out of the race, either attempting to retire, or possibly the pilot with a medical problem (Jimmy Leeward was a pretty old guy), then it does a roll into a dive (almost like an immelmann) and goes straight in vertically at very high speed from about 500 feet, with the throttle on, pretty much disintegrating when it hit. Although it looks like there was no fire, it hit a lot of people on the crowd line and spilled out wreckage which also appears to have hit people. Pretty grim and very sad indeed. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Very sad news. My sincere condolences to all that were involved and that had to bare witness to this tragedy.

Glad to hear RSR and the PMDG team are all OK. Like someone else said, PMDG were the first people I thought of when I heard the news today. Prayers for all those affected by this accident.

Sweet lord above, I saw the headline on our Irish news and the first thing that popped into my head was hoping that RSR was okay, knowing that he had flown in it before and that his plane was "faulty" didn't really add to my hopes. RIP to all those killled. A real tragedy this is.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg