Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Problem with my x52

I have an odd problem with my x52. I can't figure out if its the joystick or the connection from the joystick to the throttle, occasionally it will flicker, and sometimes not work (the joystick, not the throttle). Can anyone help me with this?

Guest jahman

Use FSUIPC (Registered) to calibrate all your axis there. There is also an option to remove omprol spikes, and of course you can make hardwarea assignments and axis calibrations per aircraft. Cheers, - jahman.

Sometimes my stick will stop working. I don't think it is the best connection ever made and sometimes I find that I need to unplug and replug the cable coming out of the throttle (and going into the stick) to get the connection working better. It may be worthwhile replacing the cable (or checking it with a multimeter). It appears to be a standard 6 pin din male to male cable and a google search should be able to track one down for you (or check with Saitek to make sure you get the right cable).

www.antsairplanes.com

I have an odd problem with my x52. I can't figure out if its the joystick or the connection from the joystick to the throttle, occasionally it will flicker, and sometimes not work (the joystick, not the throttle). Can anyone help me with this?
Sounds like you have a problem with the cable between throttle and stick. If the stick itself were bad... it'd simply not work at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That DIN cable is the weakest link in the otherwise very solid X52 design. I always leave mine plugged in, and when putting the joystick away I'm careful not to bend the connector or anything. It's similar to the keyboard and mouse connectors on really old PCs, and those were also prone to break or wear out.BTW, they use the same type of cable and connector for the Pro Flight Yoke system, for connecting the throttle quadrant to the yoke

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP