Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

CTD on 100% loading at KLAX

Hey guys, I recently purchased FSDT's new KLAX scenery, but i'm getting CTDs at between 90 and 100% loading every time. I have already done some troubleshooting, and these are my findings:- After disbaling all Calirfornia related sceneries except UTX, it was apparant that these sceneries have nothing to do with the carshes. Even with default scenery I get crashes.- After rebuilding the fsx.cfg file, eveything worked again, but when I put in the MyTrafficX entry, the CTD happened again. Conclusion: AI traffic is the problem. I have not tried yet to see whether the problem is MTX or AI aircraft in general, although cars and boats are not a problem. I tested whether default AI gives a crash, and it does not. There is a problem with MTX's AI traffic, But I have no idea what it could be. Also when reactivating all California scenery, or enabling MNTX but setting the aircraft AI sliders to 0%, there is no CTD. Anybody have any idea what could be the issue with MTX AI traffic? EDIT: I also removed the KLAX AFCAD that came with MTX, that didn't help to solve the issue.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Seems the problem is already solved for as far a I'm concerned. I am back with MTX at KLAX.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest firehawk44

Glad it's fixed. MTX should not be an issue if it is sitting lower in the Scenery Library than KLAX. I have mine sitting just above Propeller Objects. Any scenery sitting above MTX will take precedence over the MTX AFCAD's. It still is strange you got CTDs after installing KLAX scenery. Best regards,Jim

To be honest I'm not sure the CTD is really fixed. I have disabled GA traffic, is all. Maybe if I re-enable GA traffic, it will CTD again. I did install several patches for MTX 5.3b, so that might also have solved is. Anyway, point is I have airline traffic again. Already did KLAX-KLAS, with MegaScenery almost along the entire route. Absolutely beautiful!

Benjamin van Soldt