Sign in to follow this  
jack-daniels

ASE - station database write/corruption problem

hey guys, I bought a new hardrive and had to reinstall my FSX.ASE ran without any problems on my client notebook before the fresh installation.After installing FSX on the server machine (same system as before Windows 7...), ASE brings up that "Database write/corruption problem: Your station database files could not be updatet. Please make sure sharing is propeerly setup if using an netw orked configuration.Proper ASE operation is not possible. Please restart ASE to attempt database reset."I really think that I share the proper folders on the server (FS) machine, which are the "AppData/Romaning/FSX" and the FSX program folder.I read about permission settings, so I checked them as well, they are set to read and write.As I said before, the whole thing (ASE) ran absolutely perfect before the new installation. What´s wrong with it?Simconnect is properly installed, other features work fine via simconnect. Thanks in advanceDaniel

Back at home, I did the following: shared the "Weather" folder from the main FSX folder.Don´t know why, but now ASE is working again.Maybe you could explain that to me,,,, thanks :-)

Hi, If you did a re-boot of either computer, you re-established the network connection between your 2 computers so your shares started working again!