Sign in to follow this  
conura

How to make London look like London

Hey all, As I'm from the UK I tend to operate all of my flights out of London (Heathrow or Gatwick). I also regularly fly out of these airports in real life, and though the airports look amazing (I have addon scenery) the actual city looks very unrealistic. I have REX, GEX and UTX, can anybody suggest a way to make London look more realistic without too high an FPS hit? My specs are: 3.5ghz i5 760gtx 460 1gb4gb ddr3 ram @1333 mhz I generally get about 50fps but when I run my PMDG 737NGX I tend to get approx 20 on the ground at complex airports. I'm happy to compromise on traffic for a better looking London - What do you guys suggest? Thanks :)

I use VFR LondonX by Aerosoft. This video will give you a taste

Regards

Frank Jones

Luke Try VFR London X published by Aerosoft. Your system should be able to handle it, especially if you turn down some of the details. I chose not to install City Airport that comes with it, because that does pull your FPS down. I use UK2000's product for that. Ian

That's brilliant, thanks! Can I just install it over the top of my addons and does it affect FPS by much? Thanks again

VFR London is the way to go, and looking at your specs, your computer will probably handle it okay even though it can be tough on FPS. As an alternative, get on a train where you are not entirely sure if it is the right one, that is jam packed full of people with very poor manners, that'll make you feel like you are in London for sure. LOL.gifLMAO.gif Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

VFR London is the way to go, and looking at your specs, your computer will probably handle it okay even though it can be tough on FPS. As an alternative, get on a train where you are not entirely sure if it is the right one, that is jam packed full of people with very poor manners, that'll make you feel like you are in London for sure. LOL.gifLMAO.gif Al
LOL.gif so true but I love London for that. If you think they're rude try the Paris Metro! I also have VFR London. Great product but FPS intensive on older systems. Adam

VFR London, matched with Horizon GenX photoscenery and FS Treescapes, give the most realistic London possible in FSX. The EGLL approaches into the 27's over the city, look absolutely amazing.

LOL.gif so true but I love London for that. If you think they're rude try the Paris Metro! I also have VFR London. Great product but FPS intensive on older systems. Adam
You think the trains are bad? Try the roads - even more rude people, going nowhere. Fortunately I'm on two wheels... ph34r.png Ian