Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Servers down again? Or problem on my end?

Hi, 06:40 UTC, just updated to ASE SP3 on Win7 64bit. Trying to connect from Europe, and for the first time (never had any problems so far) I get the following: 8:34 PM - ASE load commencing...8:34 PM - Verifying Active Sky Evolution License8:34 PM - FSX Path Value = C:\FS\FSX\(... a lot more here)8:34 PM - Thermal Data Loaded: 5 items8:34 PM - SimConnect SP2 instantiated!8:34 PM - Downloading global weather data for 9/17/2011 18:34:35 (18Z) from Primary Server...8:34 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #28:34 PM - Switching to Secondary Server8:36 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #38:36 PM - Switching to Primary Server8:38 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #48:38 PM - Switching to Secondary Server8:38 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #58:38 PM - Switching to Primary Server8:40 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #68:40 PM - Switching to Secondary Server and ongoing. What's the deal? Are the servers down? Or is it a problem on my end which may have to do with SP3 ? Thanks

Dave P. Woycek

I am having the same issue. I cannot access hifisim.com either. I have not made any changes to my PC in four days (windows update)...ASE was downloading fine as of yesterday for me. Nothing right now. None of my firewalls are currently running and I can access all internet sites I've tried except the hifisim.com site. Any help is much appreciated!Adam

Hi, 06:40 UTC, just updated to ASE SP3 on Win7 64bit. Trying to connect from Europe, and for the first time (never had any problems so far) I get the following: 8:34 PM - ASE load commencing...8:34 PM - Verifying Active Sky Evolution License8:34 PM - FSX Path Value = C:\FS\FSX\(... a lot more here)8:34 PM - Thermal Data Loaded: 5 items8:34 PM - SimConnect SP2 instantiated!8:34 PM - Downloading global weather data for 9/17/2011 18:34:35 (18Z) from Primary Server...8:34 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #28:34 PM - Switching to Secondary Server8:36 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #38:36 PM - Switching to Primary Server8:38 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #48:38 PM - Switching to Secondary Server8:38 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #58:38 PM - Switching to Primary Server8:40 PM - Download failed, retrying, attempt #68:40 PM - Switching to Secondary Server and ongoing. What's the deal? Are the servers down? Or is it a problem on my end which may have to do with SP3 ? Thanks
Not you - seems the servers or network are having issues for a number of us... DJ

Not you - seems the servers or network are having issues for a number of us... DJ
OK. I was just wondering because my internet connection works fine for anything else. Cannot start my after-work flying ... Waiting.gif

Dave P. Woycek

I had no connection all morning, but it started working at about 2:10pm Central Time. Make sure you restart ASE.

Had the same issues earlier this afternoon UK time but everything seems Ok now and flying EGLL-KSFO with no issues. Over the many years I have used Active Sky this happens once or twice a year and dont have a problem with the service they provide - usuallly you just start the interface and everything works fine John

Got up this morning to do a quick flight and same here...cannot connect to secondary server.

Same here... And the main problem with this is that you can't skip the download and create your own weather in ASE... That kinda sucks. Why are we FORCED to download stuff before we can do something with ASE?

Same here. I thought it was on my end but I guess not.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Same here... And the main problem with this is that you can't skip the download and create your own weather in ASE... That kinda sucks. Why are we FORCED to download stuff before we can do something with ASE?
You are not forced.Just uncheck the automatic downloads box and save the settings. The next time you fire up ASE it won't download anything until you put it back in online mode.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi,We did have some server issues that required some server re-sets. Everything should be OK now.

You are not forced.Just uncheck the automatic downloads box and save the settings. The next time you fire up ASE it won't download anything until you put it back in online mode.
Thanks for that: that does indeed save a lot of time!