Sign in to follow this  
Bondi

FsBuild2 default PMDG export directory

Hi! I seem to have a problem with the Fsbuild2 PMDG export path, since it places the .rte files to c:\***\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\, but the NGX is looking for coroutes at c:\***\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX\. Is there a chance to change either the the export path of Fsbuild2, or the import path of the NGX? Sorry if it has been discussed before. Thanks for the help in advance :)

I'm not exactly sure what the <FSX>\PMDG\FlightPlans\NGX subfolder is all about. My copy only contains one file (LOWIEGLL001.rte). I can tell you however, every FSBuild2 flightplan I've created and properly exported to the normal <FSX>\PMDG\FlightPlans folder is workly normally in the NGX FMC company route field and properly imports the route everytime. I thought it interesting to note how the NGX FMC caries the current location ICAO entry from the POS page, over to the Route Page automatically in the scratchpad. All you have to do at that point is finish the scratch pad with the destination ICAO code and punch it in the Company Route LSK. I've never seen that before on any add-on FMC and makes me think PMDG discovered the nuance during the survey of the real aircraft. I'm so used to entering the the full Dep-Arr ICAO string in the scratch pad, I keep having to backspace when I quickly realize the departue ICAO is already typed in.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

You have to ensure in FSBuild2 that the top BROWSE button is pressed on the "Export_Directories" Tab and then tell it where FS2004/FSX is located (the path). In doing so it should start to use the PMDG folder, from default mine puts my J41, PMDG 747 and NGX routes all in the same FLIGHTPLANS folder. This seems to work in all of the planes with no problem. Under the "Settings" Tab fill in the options you want like "Include TOC/TOD" etc and hit the button marked "SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS" then hopefully if UAC is turned off where available and/or you run FSBuild as administrator it will save the settings to the FSBuild2.CFG file. I also do not install FSX in C:\Program Files as this can cause problems. Their is a file floating about either here or the net that adds the NGX aircraft details to FSBuild2 as well. You may not need all of the above but I opened my version of FSBuild2 (2.4.0.18) to see how it was set, so I could relay it back to you. For me they all use the same FLIGHTPLANS folder regardless of being J41, 747 or NGX. Hope you get it sorted, FSBuild can sometimes be a dog to set up but once running its pretty darned good. My FSX is on D:\FSX and Windows is on the C:\ so its even more important for mine to be set up and working right. Steve

Actually as I see it, the NGX reads the plans both from the FLIGHTPLANS folder and the FLIGHTPLANS/NGX folder too, but only writes saved coroutes to the FLIGHTPLANS/NGX folder. Not sure if there is a reason for that, but thats how it works. FsBuild2 can only set the PMDG path relative from the FSX root directory. Export is working fine, just didn't understand the /NGX folder.

Hi! I seem to have a problem with the Fsbuild2 PMDG export path, since it places the .rte files to c:\***\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\, but the NGX is looking for coroutes at c:\***\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX\. Is there a chance to change either the the export path of Fsbuild2, or the import path of the NGX? Sorry if it has been discussed before. Thanks for the help in advance :)
When I go to the CO Route on my NGX FMC, it displays every .rte file I have, including the ones I created using the PMDG 747. Now, all NGX created or imported flight plan are saved in the NGX subfolder, whereas every other is saved in the FlightPlans folder. So, regardless of whether it's saved in the \FLIGHTPLANS or in the \FLIGHTPLANS\NGX, you should still be able to see it in the FMC

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara