Sign in to follow this  

McPhat 737 UHDT

They're looking great! I haven't yet gotten teh NGX, but I will soon, and these are a must! Stock PMDG:ngx-3.jpg and McPhat:mcphat-studios-pmdg-ngx-3.jpg and now to the engine: Stock: ngx-4.jpg and the McPhat:mcphat-studios-pmdg-ngx-4b.jpg and an American tail:mcphat-studios-pmdg-ngx-2.jpg

Inactive

Nice shots, I was not sure if they can improve upon what PMDG already provides as a Hi Def paint, and it looks like McPhat is using one of their trademark skills to sell their work: weathering effects. Unlike the other older PMDG models, I don't see how they can convince people to pay for their liveries, and the ones that really screamed for the McPhat treatment are now arriving a little too late, at least for me. Up until recently, the most highly regarded complex airliners (PMDG MD-11, 747, and LevelD 767) were without the McPhat treatment, and now that they are available the NGX is out and taking away the attention from those elder products. It's a shame McPhat wasn't able to offer these HD paints for the others earlier.

This cannot be called UHDT when the stock paintkit still has the same bloody resolution. It's a photorealistic repaint, nothing more, nothing less. And it doesn't deserve a cent; because if it did, Guillem Roca and John Lawrence's paint jobs would have been payware, but weren't.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Nice shots, I was not sure if they can improve upon what PMDG already provides as a Hi Def paint, and it looks like McPhat is using one of their trademark skills to sell their work: weathering effects. Unlike the other older PMDG models, I don't see how they can convince people to pay for their liveries, and the ones that really screamed for the McPhat treatment are now arriving a little too late, at least for me. Up until recently, the most highly regarded complex airliners (PMDG MD-11, 747, and LevelD 767) were without the McPhat treatment, and now that they are available the NGX is out and taking away the attention from those elder products. It's a shame McPhat wasn't able to offer these HD paints for the others earlier.
This cannot be called UHDT when the stock paintkit still has the same bloody resolution. It's a photorealistic repaint, nothing more, nothing less. And it doesn't deserve a cent; because if it did, Guillem Roca and John Lawrence's paint jobs would have been payware, but weren't.
Indeed they can. Because firstly, the McPhat textures are higher resolution than the PMDG. Second, McPhat takes into account for the mapping of all rivets, aluminum folds, and all that stuff. Plus, they create the livery very accurately, and they also add things like what the plane usually looks like, for instance, the Air France white used on their scheme starts getting all grey and ugly, and the default PMDG doesn't look like that, but it does on the McPhat 747. The McPhat textures are very good products, I have them on the MD-11 and 747 as well as the Captain Sim 757, and I strongly recommend them.

Inactive

Resolution has such little to do with it. I can make a 10000x10000 pixel paint job and I guarantee you the only payment I'd receive for it would be to be paid to *not* use it. In fact, I believe the screenshots above prove that. If resolution was all that mattered every game would look as good as Crysis 2. Anyway, I am always impressed with their paints. Having tried to do texture painting in the past, I can say it's not that easy for the likes of me and I'm in awe of those that can do such detailed work. The stock PMDG paints look good, too; great, in fact. But the skill of McPhatt's paints is impressive. I only wish FSX offered real reflections so I don't see a mountain reflected in the engines as I fly over a flat city.

I don't know a lot about resollutions and all the junk involved in a repaints. My question is does the plane look good. The PMDG 737-800 with the AAL liverey looks terrible. The CS 752 with the McPhat AAL liverey looks good. Enough said. Michael Cubine

It's a shame McPhat wasn't able to offer these HD paints for the others earlier.
You and me both buddy, you and me both. If I could turn back the hands of time and knew then what I know now, I would have certainly opted to go with the developments you mentioned, and not some of the ones we did now. Nothing we can do about it now though...
1. There's nothing photorealistic about that paint. You can't match a bump, specular and diffuse map that sharp, with cut and paste work. It's all handpainted. 2. Nobody's stopping them from doing so. They opted to take the freeware route, we opted to take the payware route (with a couple of freeware jobs on the side). Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, it's just a shame you feel the need to express yours with the use of words like 'bloody'. No need to swear... To the rest : Thanks everybody. It certainly is a joy to work on the NGX (as in A REAL PLANE) ;) Terrence

Theres always a few in the bunch Terrence, the majority knows your work is the great and I for one can't wait to purchase your NGX line, bring it on.

Rich Sennett

Paints look very nice I might take the plunge....! I would rather see them sell individual paint than a group of them. The couple packages I purchased in the past were for one or two particular airlines, so the rest is just a waist. Marketing and a sales tactic I'm sure. They do a very nice job though! I do have to say PMDG went above and beyond with the NGX. The sound package is the best I have heard ever and the stock paints are very nice! Well, have a great Sunday everyone!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

More accurate?

I was curious and went checking their paints over at their site, and I saw something that really surprised me, especially when I know, we all know that they bypassed the EULA by selling PMDG paints. Fairly enough they paid their license, but I personally think that when you accomplish such a feat, you should at least produce quality products, at least that's what I think.

I found this on the Lufthansa Livery. And I'm pretty sure that if I knew other airlines as much as I know Lufthansa, I would have spotted errors in much more of their products.

I'll let this image talk.

detailsnj.jpg

Just because there are more pixels, it doesn't mean it's more realistic.

Now I must calm down before I do something that I might regret, good night chaps.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Yes, it's fine not to like something; no need to convince others to not enjoy it, though :)

Yes, it's fine not to like something; no need to convince others to not enjoy it, though :)
I absolutely agree with you mate, but we are all PMDG fans who love supreme detail aren't we? :( I just want you guys to know. :) (Maybe they will fix it, and that would definitely make me happy!)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Loan92, hey I'm not sure if this matters but I do see some subtle differences but the Airliners.net picture you provided has a different tail number. My own thoughts is the try to improve something and do a pretty good job. Is it worth the money? Maybe to some and maybe not to others. Like I said earlier wish the wouldsell them as individuals I'm guessing the would get more of my money :) I looked up the other A/C no glaring difference between the two tail numbers.

Edited by WillClark

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I absolutely agree with you mate, but we are all PMDG fans who love supreme detail aren't we? tongue.png I just want you guys to know. :) (Maybe they will fix it, and that would definitely make me happy!)
We all have the right to have opinions but don't try to say that its only bad :)I must say that the previews the posted look very good, but I do have one comment about the color, it seems the real NG wings turn a washed out white/grey when they are used for a long time and not the darker grey that they have from what I have seen, I do understand what goes into painting since I create paints and I sure hope they take it into consideration!