Sign in to follow this  

McPhat 737 UHDT

Loan92, hey I'm not sure if this matters but I do see some subtle differences but the Airliners.net picture you provided has a different tail number. My own thoughts is the try to improve something and do a pretty good job. Is it worth the money? Maybe to some and maybe not to others. Like I said earlier wish the wouldsell them as individuals I'm guessing the would get more of my money :) I looked up the other A/C no glaring difference between the two tail numbers.
There's mainly no difference in livery between LH jets. As far as I can tell. Unless it is a custom livery ofcourse!My point is that if you are going to sell something, make it worth the money. The Lufthansa livery shown above looks like it's been glued together in 5 minutes on a prepainted HD paintkit. Now just because of this I've decided to start working on an HD D-ABVF which will be uploaded separately on avsim, for free, because I love this community. :DWish me luck, I'll need it.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I wish you luck! I'm all for free liveries :) And while painting textures isn't the most difficult thing in the world, painting *good* textures sure takes skill and patience.

There's mainly no difference in livery between LH jets. As far as I can tell. Unless it is a custom livery ofcourse!My point is that if you are going to sell something, make it worth the money. The Lufthansa livery shown above looks like it's been glued together in 5 minutes on a prepainted HD paintkit. Now just because of this I've decided to start working on an HD D-ABVF which will be uploaded separately on avsim, for free, because I love this community. :DWish me luck, I'll need it.
Did you or anyone contact them about the problem, since I would think the wonderful folks over at McPhat would gladly try to help!

Did you or anyone contact them about the problem, since I would think the wonderful folks over at McPhat would gladly try to help!
I'm not sure, I don't know where to contact them, I'd be happy to fix it for them if they'd like. A LH livery is still a LH livery. Payware or not!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I'd politely post a topic on their forum and im sure they will take a look at it for ya!

Lmao, loan92.. the picture of "your" livery is so frickin far, you can't compare the details. I would LOVE to see you try to come even close to the mapping and textures provided by Mcphat.

I'm not sure, I don't know where to contact them, I'd be happy to fix it for them if they'd like. A LH livery is still a LH livery. Payware or not!
Actually, all errors were fixed and a new installer was uploaded (within more or less a day). The preview picture hasn't though : http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=94&func=view&catid=32&id=24485 Terrence

You and me both buddy, you and me both. If I could turn back the hands of time and knew then what I know now, I would have certainly opted to go with the developments you mentioned, and not some of the ones we did now. Nothing we can do about it now though... 1. There's nothing photorealistic about that paint. You can't match a bump, specular and diffuse map that sharp, with cut and paste work. It's all handpainted. 2. Nobody's stopping them from doing so. They opted to take the freeware route, we opted to take the payware route (with a couple of freeware jobs on the side). Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, it's just a shame you feel the need to express yours with the use of words like 'bloody'. No need to swear... To the rest : Thanks everybody. It certainly is a joy to work on the NGX (as in A REAL PLANE) ;) Terrence
Hi Terrence thanks for taking the time to clear things up, I wish you and the team best of luck in your endeavours.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Actually, all errors were fixed and a new installer was uploaded (within more or less a day). The preview picture hasn't though : http://www.mcphatstu...tid=32&id=24485 Terrence
Post a screenshot of the entire jet, please.
Lmao, loan92.. the picture of "your" livery is so frickin far, you can't compare the details. I would LOVE to see you try to come even close to the mapping and textures provided by Mcphat.
Well my livery is identical to the real livery and is free, theirs only has the rivets identical to the real livery and is payware. So okay...

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Actually, all errors were fixed and a new installer was uploaded (within more or less a day). The preview picture hasn't though : http://www.mcphatstu...tid=32&id=24485 Terrence
Look what good customer service we got here, Great job Terrence Applause.gif

Thank you Ryan. We slip up once in a while. I guess like every company does, but we try to fix on the spot, as soon as possible. In the end it are PAYING customers who choose to buy our work instead of torrenting the frick out of it and that has to be 'rewarded' with prompt support and fixes. All the best, Terrence

Post a screenshot of the entire jet, please. Well my livery is identical to the real livery and is free, theirs only has the rivets identical to the real livery and is payware. So okay...
I still prefer the McPhat paints. An inaccuracy like a upper deck window isn't a deal breaker for me. Rolling%20Eyes.gif The font seems fine, and rivets "identical to the real livery so okay"? Lol. They're are issues with your representation as well, but I won't mark up your picture!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well I just wanted to say that I saw the new livery, I thought I'd get to forgive you but the paint still looks terrible, and the reason why this frustrates me so much is because you guys end up paying for it. If it was freeware this matter would not annoy me at all, because said painter tried his best. However, when its your job, and you're getting paid for it... And you mess up on release, and again and again afterwards, what am I supposed to think, eh? For example, Terrence, I posted a picture showing your errors, did you examine it at least? The wings are still grey, the window config is still wrong and the tail logo, please. I know what are the errors on my livery and I'll tell you what they are, the only one that really annoys me are the Lufthansa titles, they are extracted from a vector logo from LH so I know that the font and spacing are correct, however I cannot get them in right shape, they are too big. If I make them smaller it will look crushed, maybe it's a paintkit limitation, maybe the windows are a bit lower on the real thing, as on Bozo's paint he successfully integrated the titles, and the windows are indeed lower. And as if it wasn't enough, if I take my titles and place them over theirs, they match perfectly. So I think it's a window thing probably, not sure. Only he could tell. Also, just so you know, when first version of my D-ABVF was released it didn't even come close to the first version by McPhat. All the changes from V1 to V4.1 are extremely minute font, size and alignment fixes. We're talking about a few pixels off course, that's all. And that was my first ever livery. I know McPhat can do better. What's holding you?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well I just wanted to say that I saw the new livery, I thought I'd get to forgive you but the paint still looks terrible, and the reason why this frustrates me so much is because you guys end up paying for it. If it was freeware this matter would not annoy me at all, because said painter tried his best. However, when its your job, and you're getting paid for it... And you mess up on release, and again and again afterwards, what am I supposed to think, eh? For example, Terrence, I posted a picture showing your errors, did you examine it at least? The wings are still grey, the window config is still wrong and the tail logo, please. I know what are the errors on my livery and I'll tell you what they are, the only one that really annoys me are the Lufthansa titles, they are extracted from a vector logo from LH so I know that the font and spacing are correct, however I cannot get them in right shape, they are too big. If I make them smaller it will look crushed, maybe it's a paintkit limitation, maybe the windows are a bit lower on the real thing, as on Bozo's paint he successfully integrated the titles, and the windows are indeed lower. And as if it wasn't enough, if I take my titles and place them over theirs, they match perfectly. So I think it's a window thing probably, not sure. Only he could tell. Also, just so you know, when first version of my D-ABVF was released it didn't even come close to the first version by McPhat. All the changes from V1 to V4.1 are extremely minute font, size and alignment fixes. We're talking about a few pixels off course, that's all. And that was my first ever livery. I know McPhat can do better. What's holding you?
Dude - Take the foil off the windows in your parents basement and get some sun and air. You're acting like a fool with all your ranting and whining. If you don't like their repaints, then don't freaking buy them.

Dude - Take the foil off the windows in your parents basement and get some sun and air. You're acting like a fool with all your ranting and whining. If you don't like their repaints, then don't freaking buy them.
+1