Sign in to follow this  

McPhat 737 UHDT

IMHO the paints from McPhat are always too shiny. I'll stick to PMDG and freeware paints.

Dude - Take the foil off the windows in your parents basement and get some sun and air. You're acting like a fool with all your ranting and whining. If you don't like their repaints, then don't freaking buy them.
What the h... with you Joe?This guy can have a different opinion than yours, right?And there is nothing in his post that justifies being agressive.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What the h... with you Joe?This guy can have a different opinion than yours, right?And there is nothing in his post that justifies being agressive.
Agreed on the differnet opionion, but jeez, there were several negative posts. Sorry David, but I did get a +1, so I'm not the only one.

Agreed on the differnet opionion, but jeez, there were several negative posts. Sorry David, but I did get a +1, so I'm not the only one.
Its not that we didn't understand that he can have a different opinion, its much more of the way he was saying it. It always goes over much better with a nice tone, I am not saying that the negative tone from Blidariu was intentional.

There is no correct way of depicting a negative opinion because either way there always will be some people that will attack you no matter. Personally I do not find my posts over the top. There used to be a time when I wouldn't hold back any expletives to get my point of view clear but those times have passed. And anyways, I wouldn't use such terms because they'd get me banned and I wouldn't want that to happen, I like this community, even if some people feel the need to become aggressive because somebody else just showed him he's wasting his money.

Dude - Take the foil off the windows in your parents basement and get some sun and air. You're acting like a fool with all your ranting and whining. If you don't like their repaints, then don't freaking buy them.
What's with the hostility? The only entity I'm attacking is McPhat, and it's for a legitimate reason. And yes, I'd love to go outside and get some air but I've been extremely sick since last Thursday, I'm locked at home, on the 6th floor, mind you, with sun and fresh mountain air coming though the windows.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well, I do 99.9% of my flying from the cockpit, and although McPhat makes a bloody wonderful job with their repaints (works of art, really), they won't be seeing a penny from me, as there is no realistic need to buy repaints when I can find perfectly made liveries that suit my needs for free elsewhere. There's my twopence.

Well, as the saying goes "If you can't do better yourself, don't criticize." Please read my letter to readers I've published on flightsim.com, and some thing i say there might make you rethijnk your attacks on a copany like McPhat. http://www.flightsim...op-ed/ed439.htm
Well, mate. The only difference between a McPhat paint and a paint from Guillem Roca (or any dedicated painter for that matter) is the texture resolution, the specular and the bumpmap. If there are any other core differences, I welcome Terrence to correct me. If that was the default paint kit, you would see paintjobs thousands of times more accurate and better represented that what they sell, for free. And it's kind of happening right now with NGX, because the ensemble of the paintkit is already of an insane resolution, the community paintjobs are already "UHDT". Just because you add more grime and a better bumpmap, it doesn't mean that it's worth 12 pounds. And yes, I've read your letter and I assume you talked about the part where you mention developers working hard for us flightsimmers, yes you are right, some do. But to charge 12 pounds for a bunch of error filled repaints... along with the updated ones still looking like a botched job does not equal to dedication at all, but with the motto of a few other companies that I'm not going to name. Just to put things into perspective, what they did with the LH livery, and how the updated livery looks like is equivalent to PMDG releasing a 777 with an untested flight dynamics model for example, then updating it to SP1 with a slightly improved model, because it's already perfect in their mindset. And that stuff never happens and never will happen with PMDG because they are truly dedicated. Its same kind of dedication that delays a painter to release a livery because something is slightly misplaced. Sorry. Also, another thing. Even the the default provided Lufthansa livery has less errors than McPhat's one, but in this case it's acceptable, because PMDG deals with highly advanced simulations and not with livery design, and because it's freeware.
2. Nobody's stopping them from doing so. They opted to take the freeware route, we opted to take the payware route (with a couple of freeware jobs on the side).
And last but not least, I've let you get away with that statement but I think people deserve to know this:
h. You may redistribute royalty-free, distribution fee-free and at no cost anyuser-created liveries for use with this software.
The painters didn't choose to go freeware, they've followed the rules. Edited by Ioan92

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well, as the saying goes "If you can't do better yourself, don't criticize." Please read my letter to readers I've published on flightsim.com, and some thing i say there might make you rethijnk your attacks on a copany like McPhat. http://www.flightsim...op-ed/ed439.htm
I don't see anyting wrong in Loan voicing an opinoin on McPhat. It would be the same if I started on Captain Sim, or Ariane (that would be a long post). Be the same with your reviews @ flightsim.com, not everybody would agree with everything you say on it.As it is not a personal attack on the staff members, I don't see an issue here.BTW, for $30 NZD, they are way overpriced :)Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well, I do 99.9% of my flying from the cockpit, and although McPhat makes a bloody wonderful job with their repaints (works of art, really), they won't be seeing a penny from me, as there is no realistic need to buy repaints when I can find perfectly made liveries that suit my needs for free elsewhere. There's my twopence.
Great way to say it. I think the repaint's look amazing and there is a lot of talent at McPhat, I dont make youtube videos or post screens very often and Im not making a lot of money right now, so I'll have to let this one pass. Good job for the McPhat team I hope they sell a lot of paints.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If that was the default paint kit, you would see paintjobs thousands of times more accurate and better represented that what they sell, for free. And it's kind of happening right now with NGX, because the ensemble of the paintkit is already of an insane resolution, the community paintjobs are already "UHDT". Just because you add more grime and a better bumpmap, it doesn't mean that it's worth 12 pounds. Also, another thing. Even the the default provided Lufthansa livery has less errors than McPhat's one, but in this case it's acceptable, because PMDG deals with highly advanced simulations and not with livery design, and because it's freeware.
PMDG's Paintkit uses 300Pixels per inch currently according to the PSD im looking at, McPhat can easily push that higher to get even more quality out of the plane so really the free stuff out now really isn't full UHDT and the fact that I do not see much of a bump map on the NGX without modifications to the bump texture so in many people's eyes McPhat is well worth it!

Nice shots!! However, I feel there is alot/too much reflection on the engine there... :/ Anyone else agree... Great textures though!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Nice shots!! However, I feel there is alot/too much reflection on the engine there... :/ Anyone else agree... Great textures though!
Remember its an early WIP, some of the other maps should tone that down a bit!

I'll probably get them, since they impressed me so much with MD-11, but if you want dirty and free, I'm always around...and unemployed *hint hint* fsx2011-09-1022-19-01-44.jpg

Chris Hicks