Sign in to follow this  
Jake Bettencourt

Nav Data out of date?

Hi Jacob, You need to register with Navigraph (www.navigraph.com) and you can update the FMC data. However, there is a cost for this service. See their website for details. Chris

Thanks guys for the responses! I have heard of navigraph but i don't want to pay for an updated version right now as it is not completely out of date, but maybe down the road. cool.png

Thanks guys for the responses! I have heard of navigraph but i don't want to pay for an updated version right now as it is not completely out of date, but maybe down the road. cool.png
If you are flying offline, an outdated AIRACs is not a big issue. However if your flying online its important to have the latest AIRACs. Hundreds if not thousands of Airport charts are changed every month world wide. If you are flying on VATSIM or IVAO the ATC will assume and expect you to fly the current SIDs, STARs and procedures. If your flying with an outdated AIRACs your going to look stupid when they tell you to fly a certain STAR or SID and it is either not in the FMC or it has been changed and your flying it wrong. While some ATC will be forgiving others have been known to be very Anal about this. You all wanted as real as it gets, well you got it. In the real world it is very rare for an Airline not to have the latest charts on board and the AIRCSs up to date. Some people will buy lots of addons and others will just get by with what they can afford. But this is one thing you do want to be cheap about. If you can afford to buy a $70.00 plane I am sure you can afford $2.50+ a month to keep your AIRACs files up to date. Considering the time consuming process of updating these AIRACs for all the planes and add on out there, this is a bargain. 20 credits a month lets you update every plane supported by Navigraph as well as your Flight Planners. If your not going to update your AIRACs files you may as well not even bother with real world charts because some of the information is going to be different or discontinued.

If you don't want the reminder to keep coming up you can edit the FMC_IDENT file in the NAVDATA directory. (FSX/PMDG/NAVDATA)Change to AUG25DEC31/11
Credit where it's due. That's my tweak.

If you don't want the reminder to keep coming up you can edit the FMC_IDENT file in the NAVDATA directory. (FSX/PMDG/NAVDATA)Change to AUG25DEC31/11
Hi Can someone please advise me how to amend this file as it will not allow me to change (denied) the information. Thanks Bob

see sig. You might have to save it to desktop then copy/paste into the original folder and overwrite

see sig. You might have to save it to desktop then copy/paste into the original folder and overwrite
NGX That did it. Thanks for your swift assistance

Loser.gif First of all it is not a tweak !!It is just an old and well known piece of FS9/FSX knowledge. I was using it almost 10 years ago with Project Magenta.
Navigraph wasn't formed till 2003 so explain please? And so happens that the tweak you posted is exact same as mine. Hmmm Waiting.gif

As I said already, it is not a tweak !A tweak is something which would have an effect on performance etc. I was writing sids and stars and compiling nav databases ever before Navigraph.It is not rocket science. Just lots of tedious data which can change slightly over time. Love.gif
Talking Ear Off.gif another thread hijacked. Oh dear. Solution was found. Next time, credit who you get your info from, period.

HelloNGX , This information regarding Cycle info.txt has been well known for a long time, maybe you would like to credit your sources.You need to take into account that many of us have been using the sim for a very long time. Bought the NGX yet? glyn