Sign in to follow this  
Haase

Remove VC for better frames?

I'm still an old caveman 2D panel flyer for the time being. I know that since I'm not using the VC its only hurting my frames. Is there a chance anyone is experienced enough here to remove it?

Could be wrong but I believe it is not possible as it is built into the model. Not sure though.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

As far as i know, when you're using the 2D panel, the VC doesn't affect framerate as it is not rendered. And, what will you do when you look left and right?

Cristi Neagu

Ah I see! I feel like I'm so close to breaking through to great frames. I can hold 25 pretty well while locked on external limiter however its with default scenery. Clouds will hit my frames and drop them a little (default as well). hmmmm..

I vaguely remember a method of removing VC's from models with a Hex Editor and modifying something in the .mdl stuff An old thought from a long time ago...Maybe anyone can remember.

Open the mdl file in a hex editor and search for the 0022003900 string that refers to the vc.Search for the second ocurrence of this string and change the 39 to 38.This will remove the vc, but will retain your aircraft shodow and landing lights.If you change the values of the first ocurrence to 00 then you lose your aircraft shadow and landing lights as viewed from the 2d cockpit. Dimi.

Open the mdl file in a hex editor and search for the 0022003900 string that refers to the vc.Search for the second ocurrence of this string and change the 39 to 38.This will remove the vc, but will retain your aircraft shodow and landing lights.If you change the values of the first ocurrence to 00 then you lose your aircraft shadow and landing lights as viewed from the 2d cockpit. Dimi.
Hmm well that is interesting. Would never have thought it could be done. Well gues it is true about that learning new everyday.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

With FSX you do not need the hex editor since the vc and plane are separate models. All you need to do is delete the reference to the vc model in model.cfg

you need to get ezdok and use that VC, maybe try deleteing the 2d panels, They put so much work in the VC how could you not want to use it

I may use it if I had a TrackIR.. but my frames flutter the teens and below in VC =/ I'm close to using it!

Has anyone ever mentioned this helping frames?

I may use it if I had a TrackIR.. but my frames flutter the teens and below in VC =/ I'm close to using it! Has anyone ever mentioned this helping frames?
It shouldn't make a difference:
VC is not loaded while you're in 2D. You should see better frames in 2D already, I do myself.

Yes, but when switching views, the vc will load,will it not? Dimi.

With FSX you do not need the hex editor since the vc and plane are separate models. All you need to do is delete the reference to the vc model in model.cfg
Exactly, just comment with a double slash (//) the interior model in the model.cfg file , and you should be good to go!! Note you won't have any side views though!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d