Sign in to follow this  
Haase

Remove VC for better frames?

I was always under the impression that having the VC on the airplane regardless was more of a hog on the computer. Weather it's being used or not.

I was always under the impression that having the VC on the airplane regardless was more of a hog on the computer. Weather it's being used or not.
Not in FSX as Steve said, the VC model is separate from the External model, while in FS2004 they are integrated.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Come on just accept it it's tricky to do and with no visible performance gain is it worth-it?I refrain from editing any HEX Anything because IDK what those values are for, and what they do.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Come on just accept it it's tricky to do and with no visible performance gain is it worth-it?I refrain from editing any HEX Anything because IDK what those values are for, and what they do.
As stated no need to use any hex editors, just the one comment line in the model.cfg file. While I agree you may not see a performance gain here, you should decrease memory usage (VAS), since the interior model will not be loaded into the VAS. For those who don't use the VC's this could help reduce OOM's or CTD's that they may be experiencing. The one issue may be, that PMDG, uses non standard system modeling (DLL's), There may be a reason the VC model may be needed (loaded) for them to function.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d