Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

VR Insight CDU II question

Hi all, I got the VR Insight CDU II last week, and didn't get to really starting the installation process till about yesterdayAnyway, I was using the CDU, and then the McAfee virus protection came up. It said the desktop.ini file was corrupted... I know that most addons for FSX are prone to being labeled as unwanted programs in Anti-virus software, but I just wanted to be sure that I don't have to uninstall anythingHas anyone used this wonderful piece of hardware and experienced this? Apologies if it sounds like I'm being overly cautiousThanks,

What makes you think this has anything to do with the CDU2, it's more likely just a coincidence that your problem happened around the same time. I don't use Mcafee anymore I only had it on my PC for about 6 hours and I had 6 BSODs in the time it was installed, fortunately I didn't have to pay for it as my ISP gave it away free with my broadband connection, now I know why it's free.

Cheers, Andy.

What makes you think this has anything to do with the CDU2, it's more likely just a coincidence that your problem happened around the same time. I don't use Mcafee anymore I only had it on my PC for about 6 hours and I had 6 BSODs in the time it was installed, fortunately I didn't have to pay for it as my ISP gave it away free with my broadband connection, now I know why it's free.
Doesn't SerialFP2 save the position of the virtual CDU in an .ini file? Again I think its just McAfee being way too overprotective and saying it has a virus, even though it doesn't.

It does have an ini file but it's not called desktop.ini and it doesn't touch that file anyway. You are likely correct about McAfee being over protective though.

Cheers, Andy.

I don't know if this helps, but this is the message box I get when McAfee finishes a scan/I click in desktop.iniwhoops

Just navigate to the folder and delete the file in question it will do no harm to serialFP2, I'm fairly certain its a false positive.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok I did that, and it doesn't seem like it did anything to SerialFP2, so all is wellThanks for the help,