Sign in to follow this  

Blue Ridge RJ's at KCVG

I spent some time today at KCVG watching and listening to the operations (via portable radio). KCVG has a tremendous location for watching the planes. Knowing that this terminal is primarily centered around "Delta" type operations, I did see the usual Delta prime aircraft as well as the ubiquitous RJs.But what I found interesting was a new "Delta-linked" airline, in particular the planes identified (by both pilot and tower) as "Blue Ridge... (flight so and so). These were high wing (overhead) jets which closely resemble either the Fairchild 328Jet or the Aerospatiale (2 jet engines in either case). Regardless, these guys were banging in and out of KCVG with a high frequency and I'm wondering about any planes available with FS2K2 and particulary associated with Delta and the term "Blue Ridge"?AATFTH (As Always Thanks For The Help)GEMatKMGY

Yep, that's the one. A very quick aircraft... typically landed and exited the runway at T6 (Tango 6 at KCVG 18L) although many went on to T5 (very windy today and the pilots were not in a hurry). And right now (about 7:30 EST US) I wouldn't want to be up in any type aircraft.Thanks Jeff... I will check the library for a Dornier. I had found the ACA link but wasn't sure if that corresponded to Blue Ridge. Thanks again...GEMatKMGY

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Not a problem, From Ohio here myself, Groveport, up just outside of Columbus, my brother lives in Covington, and works in Cincinnati. He's a Chef at a place called Jump.Here's a link I forgot to put in last post its to the FAA, has callsigns and such on it, not all airlines covered, but most.http://www1.faa.gov/ATPubs/CNT/3-3.HTM:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

Hello from and ex-cincinnatian...woodward high school..class of '59...Miami of Ohio and then UC class of'63.We still come in to visit a few times a year...and generally stay at a Marriott Courtyard in Blue Ash...I had always hoped to rent a cessna and fly into blue ash from kugn in Il, but, was not able to finish for my PPL...so I sim...medical probs, probably too much 5 way chili and Graeters ice cream...:-)sherm

There's no way that one could ever have too much Skyline (or any variation for that matter)! Must be some other root cause to the problems you mention... Note that most folks outside of the KCVG area have virtually no idea regarding the references to Skyline chili (et al). Alas... With sadness I also noted that there doesn't appear to be an FS2K2 version of the Dornier aircraft within the AVSIM library. Anyone know of a source for such or did miss something?Regards,GEMatKMGY

Guest Lizardo

There's one at www.fsfreeware.com File Library> search> dornier 328

Bingo! 3 Ways all around...Thanks - GEMatKMGY