Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

To Our VATSIM Weather Users

Hi All, We at HiFi need to know if the VATSIM weather at your departure and destination airports is up to date if you are using real time weather. We are attempting to see if the change in their weather servers is affecting our programs. Please just respond with a simple yes or no answer as no other explanations are needed at this time unless you feel it would add to our knowledge. Thanks!

Another thing that I forgot to mention is upon clicking on the refresh button the Vatsim injection never comes up anymore in the new Metar the way used to ,before the server changing .

Then are you sure the METAR is the current METAR?
I have a link to my local airport and vatsim is within 2 minutes of any updates. Compared to Noaaaaaah which sometimes downloads the previous day's info instead!!!!!!!vololiberista

Then are you sure the METAR is the current METAR?
Jim,they are the current because I check the released ZULU time but the two METARS are in complete desagreement.

Just flown a round trip KJAX-KMEM with METAR spot on as Vatsim and a beatiful clouds depictionPeace.gif with real time weather checked.....I'm gonna see tonite how it will work with force sim time on.

Force sim time is NOT working.But if I check real time weather even if I'm flying in a different time the METARS are spot on.........and for me is just good enoughAlien.gif

I have a suggest...ICAO:ZYCC the new name is Longjia airport not Dafangshen airport in the ASE....Can I change the name by myself?!

Hi, You can change the name in ASE but this has nothing to do with this thread topic. Please start a new thread and we'll be glad to help.

Hello everyone, We are aware of the issue of VATSIM Injection, which is due to the VATSIM URL change of their main status information server that add-ons use to find the weather servers. We expected that this status page URL would never change (as its entire purpose is to provide active current sever URLs, even if they change), so there are no facilities to edit this. It is "hard coded". We have already made the update in our code-bases and we are beginning the process of initial testing and packaging (4 different packages for ASv6 and ASE with updates and full versions). This will take a few days, and then we will beta test the installations. It may take a week or two's total time before we have the "hotfix" available. Please rest assured that we are working as quickly as we can on this. We'd also like to explain that VATSIM injection only affects the departure and destination airport, which are usually very similar if not exact to the current VATSIM weather. After-all, we're all using "real time" weather data. As you can see, it is hard to tell other than the "VATSIM Injection" remark. This should not affect the majority of ASE users. Thanks for your patience as we get these updates ready!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies