Sign in to follow this  
CJ4Captain

Decision to make about a new addon?

Hi there! It was my birthday today, and I've come into a bit of money. I have the opportunity to purchase a new FSX addon. My choices are: CaptainSim 767, QualityWings 757, or the Wilco Airbus Evolution Volume 2. What would you buy? Which will be better for my money? I'm looking more towards the QualityWings 757 at the moment because I've heard it's better than the CaptainSim 757, but that's a possibility also. Please give me some insight on what you would choose. Thanks a lot!! Paul

If you want a half decent 767 then get the LDS one. Have you looked at anything PMDG?? The 737 was released recently and its fantastic, however I am looking forward to the QW BAE146 due next yearEdit: Happy Birthday :D

I agree with the other guy, get the LDS767 or the PMDG 737 if you want truely realistic airliners.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't know what you own, but my favorite airliners are: PMDG 737 NGXPMDG 747PMDG MD-11Flightsim Labs Concorde-XLevel-D 767Simcheck A300

Guest jahman

Go for the PMDG B-737-NGX. There's nothing out there like it (except maybe te DCS A-10 Warthog) in terms of systems complexity and visual modelling. Watch the video and see for yourself. Cheers, - jahman.

No brainer for me best I have ever seen are as follows 1st PMDG 737 ngx2nd PMDG md-113rd PMDG 747 I know that makes me sound like a PMDG ###### but credit where its due and all that. I had the level d 767 and at the time it was fantastic and flew it constantly for ages. Fantasic plane but is looking a little dated these days. I also reinstalled the cs 767 the other day but after flying the 737 ngx I dont think I can ever go back to anything else in the airliner catagory. Bar has been raised way high on that one.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

QualityWings 757 is brilliant. Good looks, plenty of knobs to play with, great sounds. Realistic flight dynamics. Full FMC and realistic autoflight. The autobrakes still don't work properly on mine though.Level-D 767 is a bit old in the tooth (as jazz69 mentioned) but also superb.I also own the Captain Sim 757 but it's too buggy so have uninstalled it.Can't comment on PMDG products as I don't own any. Hope this helps! Adam