Sign in to follow this  
SirGarfield

What AddOns can u recommend me?

Hello together!I am pretty new in the FS scene and until now i just flew with the standart scenery and free planes. The starts getting me bored and so i thought about getting some AddOns i often see in youtube videos or stuff. But i can't really deside which AddOns to choose since there are to much of them. You can send me both: freeware and payware AddOns. :) What i'm looking for:-The best boeing 737-800 addon-scenery-ai That should be enaugh :DThank you :)

SirGarfield, I recommend that you spend some time searching and reading the forum.There are countless posts recommending best addons and in most of them you will find the same titles, so it means they are the best.Although you may not like my advise, trust me it is best of all. You will find all great addons already listed for you, usually with links.There is no point for anyone to rewrite the same points here for the x-th time while you may find them much faster, without waiting. And briefly:- if you want a great 737-800 for FS9, purchase the iFly 737NG one- scenery: find them in other lists/posts I mentioned above- AI: start with World of AI packages - excellent and so easy to install Good luck!

Rafal has given you good advice here SirGarfield. If you do some searching you will find a wealth of information and not only will get your questions answered by being able to see a lot of discussion from experienced users but you will also see problems to avoid. And often there will be information on topics you haven't thought of asking a question about, but are just the kind of thing you are looking at to the make the sim stay interesting and "new." As Rafal said, the best place to go for AI is World of AI (WOA). All you need to do is download their installer and any packages that you want and the installer will do all the work for you. There are a couple of links below to the kind of discussions that will help you - but there are dozens more to be found with a simple search or just scrolling back a few months... (Might sound like a lot of time but you will see topics that will interest you and so along the way you will enhance your knowledge of what can and can't be done in enhancing FS9) Don't hesitate to ask more questions on here - there are always people willing to help. But try to make your questions a bit more specific. For example, if you want to know about sceneries, state the region you are interested in.Take care and have fun. You will be amazed how much better you can make FS9 - with the right addons and tweaks it will look like a totally different simulation - AND MUCH BETTER! biggrin.png Just remember to make back ups and have a restore point to go back to if something goes wrong.CheersIan http://forum.avsim.net/topic/339325-how-can-i-make-my-fs2004-more-real/ http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343711-fs9-best-commercial-jet-add-on/

If you look carefully you don't have to pay a penny for 99% of addons that frankly are far more superior than payware.scenery, airports, aeroplanes, gauges etc all free.Decide what you want then go and look for it before you pay.I have just two payware programmes:-PFEFSUIPCeverything else was free plus I have freely made a couple of contributions myself.vololiberista

If you look carefully you don't have to pay a penny for 99% of addons that frankly are far more superior than payware.scenery, airports, aeroplanes, gauges etc all free.Decide what you want then go and look for it before you pay.I have just two payware programmes:-PFEFSUIPCeverything else was free plus I have freely made a couple of contributions myself.vololiberista
I'm not sure I quite agree with my friend on the idea that 99% of freeware add-ons are superior to payware. But I do agree that some good research can get you set up with a lot of excellent freeware options without you having to buy a lot of payware. But frankly if you want the ultimate experience of FS9 that is possible, then you will have to get out the old credit card IMHO. The very best of the available payware environment enhancements (with REX as the king of the pack - yes, pun intended for those of you who remember some Latin) will remake FS9 in ways that no freeware can match, while the number of freeware aircraft and scenery that match the best of the payware products out there is relatively small. There definitely ARE freeware products that are the equal of payware, but most are not IMHO. Do some research - don't be afraid to ask questions on here - and good luck with increasing the fun of your hobby as you take it to new levelsCheersIan

...............the number of freeware aircraft and scenery that match the best of the payware products out there is relatively small. There definitely ARE freeware products that are the equal of payware, but most are not IMHO.
There are quite a few FS9 freeware add-ons that surpass many payware offerings.

You are all right, guys, just seeing things a bit differently. wink.pngThe fact we all will surely agree on is that there is a lot of great payware stuff but also many excellent freeware addons. I have never ever heard of a game (let's call it a game for the purpose of this conclusion) which gained such a huge addon market and so many dedicated developers.Anytime I tell it to an unaware person, they find it hard to believe. The virtual world we have been creating for so many years definitely has a life of its own.

You are all right, guys, just seeing things a bit differently. wink.pngThe fact we all will surely agree on is that there is a lot of great payware stuff but also many excellent freeware addons. I have never ever heard of a game (let's call it a game for the purpose of this conclusion) which gained such a huge addon market and so many dedicated developers.Anytime I tell it to an unaware person, they find it hard to believe. The virtual world we have been creating for so many years definitely has a life of its own.
You are absolutely right Rafal. It really has become something much more than its developers probably ever dreamed - with a world-wide community of people, it's almost a "living" thing...