Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

stutter on landing solved!

As I posted earlier, it's not about the effects (except we do know that runway skid effect file in fsx/effects must go away) for the PMDG jet, I noticed my touchdown pause was caused when having any form of fiber_time_fraction=## in my fsx.cfg. Getting rid of the fiber_time_fraction command solved the touchdown stutters !! I know it makes no sense (or does it ?) .... but it does work, try it if you're having the same slight pause on touchdown! FTF command seems to do nothing anyways in my ******* tweaked .cfg.. I am not sure why I was so anxious to put it in again...

I think Peter, that FTF is pre-SP2, and is not required. There is a couple of other tweaks that ******* tweak guide puts in that are also pre sp2, cannot remeber which they are now, but some tweaks can have a negative effect.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

As I posted earlier, it's not about the effects (except we do know that runway skid effect file in fsx/effects must go away) for the PMDG jet, I noticed my touchdown pause was caused when having any form of fiber_time_fraction=## in my fsx.cfg. Getting rid of the fiber_time_fraction command solved the touchdown stutters !! I know it makes no sense (or does it ?) .... but it does work, try it if you're having the same slight pause on touchdown! FTF command seems to do nothing anyways in my ******* tweaked .cfg.. I am not sure why I was so anxious to put it in again...
Peter do you have frame rate locked internally in FSX? My understanding is that FTF only comes in to play when you have frames internally locked. I run FSX in UNLIMITED mode using an external limiter, in which case FTF has no relevance. Even so, it sounds suspiciously like a red herring that FSX so commonly produces. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Noel, FIBER FRAME TIME FRACTION - With ANY multicore processor AFTER SP1 USELESS WITH TEXTURES However this can be used with systems that run TILE PROXY http://www.simforums...D=170479#170479 [sCENERY]SmallPartRejectRadius=x AFTER SP1 TOTALLY USELESS<<<<<Another ******* tweak

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

As I said, unless you are using SP1, which you are not.

[sCENERY]SmallPartRejectRadius=x AFTER SP1 TOTALLY USELESS<<<<<Another ******* tweak
"Totally useless" is not accurate - what Phil Taylor said is that it probably won't work on batched objects - not all objects in the sim are batched. The command was actually added in SP1 - it's SP2 that does the batching stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok Ryan, Nick got that wrong then.

Hi Guys i am having this issue, and iv'e checked the .cfg to see if i had Fiber frame fraction but NO.The same stutter also happens when i put my landing gear up ):I out of ideas please help!Thanks in advance, Mitch

I have finally solved all stutters, landing or otherwise!simple: use NO tweaks at all... let fsx rebuild its .cfg and go from there!! Sharper textures, LESS framerate than with tweaks.. yes, that's right, but not much but way more steady without pauses and surges... and NGX will run way better than you've ever seen!

I have finally solved all stutters, landing or otherwise!simple: use NO tweaks at all... let fsx rebuild its .cfg and go from there!! Sharper textures, LESS framerate than with tweaks.. yes, that's right, but not much but way more steady without pauses and surges... and NGX will run way better than you've ever seen!
Very interesting. Guess it can't hurt to try for a flight. To be clear though, did you meen higher or lower framerates?Also assume Highmemfix is still required?Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

For myself I have noticed, that NO TWEAKS at all is also the best way to run FSX. Only things to apply - highmemfix and widescreen + 4096 thing. All other tweaks lead me to the stutters or blurries. :( Ok, maybe it's just my own "curved arms". Yes I am using external FPS locker, internally set to unlimited.Running on Quadcore@2.9 GHz, 8gigs, GTX270 win7 64bit.

[sCENERY]SmallPartRejectRadius=x AFTER SP1 TOTALLY USELESS<<<<<Another ******* tweak
I don't recommend using this tweak if you want to see traffic or your buddies in multiplayer from far away.

yes, frame rates are boosted slightly by all the tweaks (like *******' etc.) yet, they cost you a price in stutters, pauses and jerks... I do run antilag however, and keep FR at 30... and I am using PMDG ngx with the low res VC gauges, on my good laptop, it runs so smooth and still looks great

Hey, i know what you mean i am getting a small stutters, sometimes for about 10 seconds, i dont know why so annoying, i have started a topic about it, seems that no one could help me, i have done this: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlis it the cause to the stutters? if so how can i repair it? also my resolution is on high, is that matters?, Daniel, regards