Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

stutter on landing solved!

I have finally solved all stutters, landing or otherwise!simple: use NO tweaks at all... let fsx rebuild its .cfg and go from there!! Sharper textures, LESS framerate than with tweaks.. yes, that's right, but not much but way more steady without pauses and surges... and NGX will run way better than you've ever seen!
That doesnt work for me. I got a highly tweaked cfg and my experience is completely smooth and stutter free, with next to no blurries and generally awesome visuals. If I run a default cfg i'm getting horrible stuttering, horrible blurries and a way way lower framerate. YMMV

That doesnt work for me. I got a highly tweaked cfg and my experience is completely smooth and stutter free, with next to no blurries and generally awesome visuals. If I run a default cfg i'm getting horrible stuttering, horrible blurries and a way way lower framerate. YMMV
what kind of teaks did you make?

I got about one million tweaks, far to many to mention here. Have a look at nickn and bojotes guides. Dont just blindly apply every tweak tho, its critical that you understand what a tweak does and how it will respond to your system before you apply it. Remember that every system is different and require different tweaks. The by far most important tweak for me was UsePools=0 combined with the internal framerate limiter at 29 fps

I got about one million tweaks, far to many to mention here. Have a look at nickn and bojotes guides. Dont just blindly apply every tweak tho, its critical that you understand what a tweak does and how it will respond to your system before you apply it. Remember that every system is different and require different tweaks. The by far most important tweak for me was UsePools=0 combined with the internal framerate limiter at 29 fps
HEY, thanks!, where can i find these guides?

Any tweek that might be causing FSX to freeze? I've been getting freezes since upgrading to service pack 1. Using Bjote's tweeks. I've had the suggestion that I should back off my overclock to see if that is the problem. Haven't gotten around to it yet. Cleaned my fans and heatsink and still had a freeze on my next flight. Never had a freeze before SP1. Very frustrating. Can't understand how my overclock could suddenly become unstable after 6 months of flying...

Steve Giblin

I'm trying different tweaks at the moment (including ******* ones) with my aging PC (C2D E8600 @ 4,2GHz, Nvidia 9800GTX+ running the latest drivers, 4GB RAM, Win7 64bit) and to be honest I cannot see any improvement so far :-( I was expecting "wonders" using external fps limiter and online *******'s tweaker and saw no really any improvement so far. Still NGX is very flyable with 30+ fps in not very demanding sceneries but on some airports I have ~10fps which is quite frustrating (but then I remove AI traffic and is fine again).I think I will start over with a clean fsx.cfg again as Peter has sugested. :-) Gregor Gresiaczynski

Over 4 months of testing with all the tweaks out there, I found out yes you can get slightly better FPS performance, yet at a cost... added stutters, weird pauses that occur in random locals... not related to defragging etc..... it was all the tweaks.....once I rebuilt fsx.cfg the "natural way" and just ran the NGX on fsx ... with no tweaks at all...none, nada, except for custom shift-z stuff, autogen trees fix and the TBM brought to 80, that's it!and you know what, for ME (not everyone here certainly), but for me it was back to stutter free, lower frame rate variability (the tweaks really added variability and the external lockers too did that) ... and things are so much nicer... yes, the FR is less (I use the FSX limiter built in the menu) .. but it is steadier!!Try less, it really is more, you may be surprised ! no blurries either with a default fsx.cfg

Out of curiosity, what are the shift-z and autogen trees fixes? Could you share your knowledge with us, please? :-)Gregor Gresiaczynski

Over 4 months of testing with all the tweaks out there, I found out yes you can get slightly better FPS performance, yet at a cost... added stutters, weird pauses that occur in random locals... not related to defragging etc..... it was all the tweaks.....once I rebuilt fsx.cfg the "natural way" and just ran the NGX on fsx ... with no tweaks at all...none, nada, except for custom shift-z stuff, autogen trees fix and the TBM brought to 80, that's it!and you know what, for ME (not everyone here certainly), but for me it was back to stutter free, lower frame rate variability (the tweaks really added variability and the external lockers too did that) ... and things are so much nicer... yes, the FR is less (I use the FSX limiter built in the menu) .. but it is steadier!!Try less, it really is more, you may be surprised ! no blurries either with a default fsx.cfg
Be interesting to hear how it continues to perform. I have found as I'm sure many have that FSX can send you out in relatively the same scenario and generate significantly different performance. One time up it's smooth as silk, the next a little less so, even though you're in the same or very similar situation. This makes it so difficult to assess cause and effect. Keep us posted and thanks!Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I tried the default fsx.cfg with the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 and very pleased except I get strange horozontal lines acrossthe screen when panning (very faint,but annoying).I did a search for this and a user found that using DVI connection to the monitor solve it for him,but I am aleady doing this.No stutters,but I have to use the ******* Tweaks again to get rid of the horizontal lines.Any ideas what tweak might be causing the horizonal lines to appear when panning from left to right?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Fixed by following this forum: FSX with Track IRI simply added ForceFullscreenVSync=1 to the cfg file

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The way i found to reduce if not cure the stutters is to lower the radius level from large to medium around the aircraft.. Make sense to me alot.. So if you take away alittle of the stress i believe it will allow the cpu to work on more important things just means that the scenery around the aircraft will be loaded in a smaller way.. i run it like this i don't get any stutters at all during /day/ night/ dusk/dawn

the REAL solution came when I threw away all the tweaks, let FSX.cfg be rebuilt on its own and then went with that. Only tweak I use is highmem, rest is all default fsx...runs like a charm... FSX, NGX etc!less is more... I too became in love with all the tweaks, yes, better FR, but more stutters, stammers and unexplained stoppages....rather have slightly less FR, but a much more stable system and NO sound pauses or any stutters... try it yourselves!the REAL solution came when I threw away all the tweaks, let FSX.cfg be rebuilt on its own and then went with that. Only tweak I use is highmem, rest is all default fsx...runs like a charm... FSX, NGX etc!less is more... I too became in love with all the tweaks, yes, better FR, but more stutters, stammers and unexplained stoppages....rather have slightly less FR, but a much more stable system and NO sound pauses or any stutters... try it yourselves!