Sign in to follow this  
conura

a new aircraft

I am having lots of problems with the FSD Commander using Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium. I have had this plane for three years and tried running it on my old computer with Windows XP and the computer would not handle it so I flew it very little. Recently bought the new computer with W764 and tried the Commander once more. The panel is all messed up. I can get the functions to work using a combination of 2D and 3D and having a button on the yoke set to change from Nav to GPS. FSD support says they cannot duplicate this problem so they can offer no help. I see on the FSD forum someone else is having a problem like mine and FSD says they cannot duplicate the problem so they offer no support. It really is a fun plane to fly but I just wish it would work properly. I have tried many times to register for the FSD forum and they will not respond so I cannot write in their forum. I have tried to reinstall this plane many times and get the same results each time. Anyone else having a problem like this with the FSD Commander 115TC? I have many other planes that are working fine and lots of add on scenery. All else is working fine but FSD says I might need to reinstall FSX. Any ideas out there?Lazyeight

I am having lots of problems with the FSD Commander using Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium. I have had this plane for three years and tried running it on my old computer with Windows XP and the computer would not handle it so I flew it very little. Recently bought the new computer with W764 and tried the Commander once more. The panel is all messed up. I can get the functions to work using a combination of 2D and 3D and having a button on the yoke set to change from Nav to GPS. FSD support says they cannot duplicate this problem so they can offer no help. I see on the FSD forum someone else is having a problem like mine and FSD says they cannot duplicate the problem so they offer no support. It really is a fun plane to fly but I just wish it would work properly. I have tried many times to register for the FSD forum and they will not respond so I cannot write in their forum. I have tried to reinstall this plane many times and get the same results each time. Anyone else having a problem like this with the FSD Commander 115TC? I have many other planes that are working fine and lots of add on scenery. All else is working fine but FSD says I might need to reinstall FSX. Any ideas out there?Lazyeight
HelloSorry to here it's not working on your system, I have it working fine here on the same OS as you, Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium.Where is your FSX installed, hopefully not under Program Files(x86)UAC turned off ?,Did you remember to turn off any Anti virus when you D/L the product ?Did you remember to run the installer as Administrator ?Did you run the Load Manager once before flying the aircraft ? Hope you get it sorted

Thanks for the prompt reply. A few answers. I did install it under Program Files (x86) , will have to find out what UAC is and I am sure I did not have it turned off, have tried with anti virus and all security programs both on and off and got the same results, will have to see if I used Installer as administrator, and did not run Load Manager once before flying. I will be working on checking these ideas out this morning and will let you know the results. Many thanks for the suggestions.Lazyeight

Thanks for the prompt reply. A few answers. I did install it under Program Files (x86) , will have to find out what UAC is and I am sure I did not have it turned off, have tried with anti virus and all security programs both on and off and got the same results, will have to see if I used Installer as administrator, and did not run Load Manager once before flying. I will be working on checking these ideas out this morning and will let you know the results. Many thanks for the suggestions.Lazyeight
HelloYou will save yourself a lot of grief by installing FSX somewhere other than Program Files (x86)

Can someone please give me good reasons why FSX should not be installed in the default Program Files (x86) folder? Lots of people recommend that the default install location is best avoided, but very few provide explanations as to why this is the case.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can someone please give me good reasons why FSX should not be installed in the default Program Files (x86) folder? Lots of people recommend that the default install location is best avoided, but very few provide explanations as to why this is the case.
HelloW7 sets special permissions on this folder which can prevent some addons from working correctlyThe authors of FSCommander explain some of it here:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66198-vista-and-windows-7-users-please-read/

My fave GA is the Aerosoft Katana (well second to the Realair Duke) it is perfect if you want to float around at low altitudes flying around valleys as you originally suggested. It has a slow flying speed, is incredibly immersive, with great flight dynamics but also it is fantastic for this kind of flying due to the extremely good visibility from the cockpit.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776