Sign in to follow this  
major_wales

PFD and FMC problem

HiWhen programming a Star into the FMC, I find that the PFD map will get stuck in the "PLAN" mode, despite trying to move the knob back to "MAP" mode. It gets stuck. The "EXECUTE" light on the FMC then stops working and the whole fmc and pfd becomes inoperable. PLEASE HELP ME SORT THIS PROBLEM! I love the PMDG 737 NGX, but this just wrecks it!!!

I've had a similar problem, except the the whole panel freezes, forcing me to exit FSX and start again. I hope it will be addressed in SP1.

I also have experienced freezes if I get too frisky with programming in the FMC. I noticed it on several occasions after completing FMC programmed Miss Approach and reprogramming for a GPS or IAN re-approach. If I begin to make too many adjustments to the FMC suggested course it will freeze and the only way out is task manager! This is not a regular occurence, however, and I have gone days without replicating the scenario. I think the FMC really overtaxes my CPU if I make it "think" too much. I have a quad core but as you know FSX does not properly use all cores and I only have 2.66 GHZ per core. I am not sure of your specs, Mr. "PilotTrainer145". I don't know if this is an issue that PMDG can address, however, since it seems to be more hardware/performance specific.

Umm. Thanks for the feedback. It only seems to happen when I try to program and approach in the -plan- mode (so I can look at the destination airport and program it that way). And similarly, with me the whole panel freezes also. Very annoying.