Sign in to follow this  
Guest HowardHughes

Flight is not what you are hoping for - NEW INFORMATION

Guest HowardHughes

Good afternoon everyone, I have been a long time developer for FSX and FS2004. I have felt the need to sign up anonymously in order to protect myself from the consequences of breaching the NDA regarding Microsoft Flight. If Microsoft found out it was me giving you this information, Bill Gates will come to my house, strap me to a chair, and tickle me until I breathe no more. I can confirm that Microsoft Flight is now a dinosaur simulator. The Flight aspect is in fact slightly misleading, as the only dinosaur in the game with any ability to fly is the pterodactyl. The change has been very subtle, and several developers are still working on the project, having failed to realise that the end-goal has changed. I personally recognised that something was up when I was attempting to start up a Cessna 152, only to realise after several minutes of searching for the master switch that I was actually a T-Rex, and even if I found said switch my arms would surely be too short to operate it. Developers everywhere are starting to wake up to this knowledge and they are devastated. Most have never even put together an air file for a Velociraptor. They just don't know where to start. We're all devastated. I can't believe we've been shut out like this. Personally, I'm just going to keep pushing forwards as best I can. If anyone knows any good reference photos for Bronchosaurus then I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Yes! This is actually is what I've been hoping for, can't wait for the 'deflect the catostrophic meteor with your Pteranodon' mission! Now some rivet counter will come on and point out that the Pteranodon was a reptile, not a dinosaur, yes, I know was.

what is this forum? a circus?
Well, it's a flying circus if you want to get really picky. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, exactly, because if they're having flying reptiles, by definition they would need thermals and ridge lift, so I'm happy, even if nobody else is. Al

Alan Bradbury

Does any one know if Ultimate Traffic is working on dinosaur AI? I bet they are in bed with MS on this. Alainne said so.

Is this Dino-Simulator going to use a new game engine, or will be just be a patch to FSX? Also, will it have sloped runways?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

An MS insider revealed to me earlier, that one of the unprecedented research methods used in the creation of this sim, was the use of a heavily modified DeLorean DMC-12 sports car, so that they could go back in time and actually observe dinosaurs to ensure their liveries were correct and record the sounds of them for use in the sim. So if you've ever wondered why Marty McFly bears an uncanny resemblance to Bill Gates, now you know. A caveat to this is that you will have to pay for downloads of other periods, these being the Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic, although MS have said that this demonstrates clear proof that they have listened to what simmers want, in that this covers a long-held wish from hard core simmers to be able to fly in older time periods, with scenery relating to those eras. Al

Alan Bradbury

A World Exclusive!! ph34r.png First pic of the upcoming MS Flight B747-400!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Every time I see that damn signature, I want to mash the bug crawling across my screen. The first time I actually tried to get it...

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

She's called Sweetie .Please treat her well. (at least one bug we won't find in MSFlight!)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Every time I see that damn signature, I want to mash the bug crawling across my screen. The first time I actually tried to get it...
C'mon, leave the bug alone......smile.pngIts been around for so long and through many forums upgrades - its a survivor! The AVSIM Forums wouldn't be the same without it. With regards to this new 'Dino' sim - which reptile will be the fastest?

She's called Sweetie .Please treat her well. (at least one bug we won't find in MSFlight!)
I always wonder how many miles Sweetie has traveled. LOL ...

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.