Sign in to follow this  
Guest HowardHughes

Flight is not what you are hoping for - NEW INFORMATION

C'mon, leave the bug alone......smile.pngIts been around for so long and through many forums upgrades - its a survivor! The AVSIM Forums wouldn't be the same without it. With regards to this new 'Dino' sim - which reptile will be the fastest?
My inside source said that they are unsure at this time, as they are still looking into what reptiles will be included in the final release. LMAO.gif

Brandon Filer

Too many folks hanging out with no information! It makes for interesting reading though, so I'm hoping there's plenty more to come!

Mike Beckwith

Jumbo on final

I hope no elephants were hurt during this mission!

"Personally, I'm just going to keep pushing forwards as best I can. If anyone knows any good reference photos for Bronchosaurus then I'd be grateful." Bronchosaurus !!!!A new species perhaps !!Some sort of flu like illness.! Anyways any decent developer worth his or her salt should know his Dino's Cheers AndoplosaurusFlightsimmerii

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Perhaps Flight can work in elements of B.C.'s Quest for Tires to enhance the game play to early 1980's standards!

Perhaps Flight can work in elements of B.C.'s Quest for Tires to enhance the game play to early 1980's standards!
Nah, that's too sophisticated for their new target market of XBox button-jockeys. They'd need to dumb it down more.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I kinda believe this guy.Just look at the latest MS Flight screenshots where they compare cloud blending. The scenery and everything is the same on both screenshots, just the cloud blending is different... do you think they coded the old weather system on the new Flight platform just to show you the difference or it looks like they took the old code and everything and start tweaking and improving?

If they're still using sliders and check boxes there is probably one to turn on and off cloud and terrain blend. If that is the case then these screenshots would be the same scenery with the option on and off and would be easy to compare then differences.

It's clear they are using old code, many game sequels do this, can we move on now?

No, they don't use code that is so old and recycled that many times.
Not many game series can claim a 25 year life span but if they did you can guarantee that their iterations are based on a foundation of progressive development. I don't see anything wrong with using the code base of previous FS and optimizing and improving upon it, there are a lot of things that FSX does well so why fix what isn't broken? I don't understand why there is such a stigma about Flight not being written from the ground up.

I don't understand why there is such a stigma about Flight not being written from the ground up.
FSX. Even people with 5GHz processors and monster graphic cards are experiencing the joys of FSX - stutters, blurries, CTDs, freezes,.... 5 years after release and god knows how many years after the first line of that code was written. I think that's the reason.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.