Sign in to follow this  
MS_FLIGHT

Improvment and Release date

Sorry, my mistake! Would be great to see some Aerosoft addons for X-Plane 10!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Mathijs, I was probably editing my post when you were writing yours, can you comment on what I wrote about what's needed to make the 120% + work.

Will a new platform or engine (call it what ever you want) 64-bits using all available overclocked core on a CPU (6 or 8 core) and SLI (2 or 3 cards 3GB each) and 12 or 24GB of rams be able to meet the 120% + required to make it work?
All I can say for sure is that we would not know how to do it. None of the available game engines could to that with sight lines of 100 miles. None could do that on a round earth model. Not at 20 fps. GPU power is not really the issue. A good DX11 card would be able to handle it. But it's the CPU that is always the issue in sims. X-Plane 10 is able to send AI aircraft to a CPU's that are not too busy. They will have fully realistic flight models. Will respond to wake turbulence etc. But that's because they are identities that can be split from the main sim rather easy (X-Plane 10 loves CPU cores). But the core of the sim needs to run on one CPU and that's the limit. And keep in mind that CPU speeds have hardly increased the last 3 years. We just added more cores. But MS got some VERY talented people, they got money, they got resources that far exceed what we got. And they always build the sim for the hardware that's to come. So who knows.

Thank you Mathijs. About that guys, did that cleared up some smoke.....or are you more confused than ever.....this time this "ain't" comming from me.

Thank you Mathijs. About that guys, did that cleared up some smoke.....or are you more confused than ever.....this time this "ain't" comming from me.
It is starting to get crazy for sure! We all went to bed last Friday wondering if Flight Simming was dying and now it looks like we may have 4 different products to choose from. It is just nuts!!....lol What did I do with that Pacman game.....

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Mathijs,Whateve happened to Aerosoft's plans to independently develop a sim? Is that idea dead?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Mathijs,Whateve happened to Aerosoft's plans to independently develop a sim? Is that idea dead?
But MS got some VERY talented people, they got money, they got resources that far exceed what we got.
I think Mathijs answered you before you even asked your question! Aerosoft first announced that they were going to create a flight simulator after Microsoft closed the Aces Studio, but before Microsoft announced that they were working on Flight.

I think Mathijs answered you before you even asked your question! Aerosoft first announced that they were going to create a flight simulator after Microsoft closed the Aces Studio, but before Microsoft announced that they were working on Flight.
Indeed. Our own project is very much still alive, but with Flight and X-Plane 10 on final approach (and Jet Thunder also not too far off) we felt it was not a brilliant idea to muddle the pool further. So for now we focus on FSX and X-Plane 10, we'll see what Flight will do and then we'll see if there is room for a simulator we got in mind. All our development however is not aimed at one single platform. Most of the scenery has to be made available for the professional market anyway.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.