Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

New 737NGX checklist available

Been working on my own checklist for the NGX although there are already some great checklists around. What I've aimed for with my checklist is to make a checklist that is very simple and straight-forward to use and including all the phases of flight from a cold & dark flightdeck at your origin to securing the a/c when parked at your destination. I have deliberately omitted steps I normally don't perform on every single flight like testing the fire warning systems etc but instead only include the steps I actually perform on every flight to make it as real as possible. It also includes the various clearences you obtain from ATC throughout a normal flight. If you want to check it out you can download it using the link below, hope you'll enjoy it :( http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=162075

Richard Åsberg

Nice one, love it.Easy to follow and well presented. Im gonna be using this. Thanks for your effort, its appreciated. :-)

Great check list! One thing that seems to be missing ( and it may be me as I am no expert ) but does the checklist usually include turning on APU bleed and the corresponding 1 and 2 switches on the left and right of it?

Glad to hear you guys find the checklist useful! Regarding APU bleed, where in the checklist do you find it missing and what do you mean by "the corresponding 1 and 2 switches on the left and right of it" - are you maybe referring to the left & right engine bleed air switches? As I understood it this is the normal use of APU bleed air: When you enter a cold & dark cockpit that has been secured you will normally find the APU bleed air switch ON. Then after starting the engines you will switch the APU bleed air OFF since you will otherwise get a "Dual bleed" warning since you already have the left and right engine bleed air ON. The APU bleed air will then remain OFF until after landing when you normally start the APU again as part of the flow after vacating the rwy. However there's no idea turning APU bleed air ON yet since you still have engine bleed air ON but after shutting the engines down at the gate during the shutdown procedure you will once again turn the APU bleed air ON and it will then remain in that position until you switch it OFF again on your next flight after starting the engines. However I'm not an expert myself nor a real pilot (unfortunately wink.png) so if we have an expert/real pilot here please let me/us know if the operation of APU bleed air in some way is wrong from how it's done IRL. If so I will update the checklist. Great to have this feedback and if you guys find anything else that doesn't seem right please let me know because my goal of course is to have a checklist that is 100% correct.

Richard Åsberg

You may be right actually, I think its because I loaded the PMDG's version of cold and dark therefore it was ticked off as well as the engine bleeds. How come PMDG wouldn't create a real to life cold and dark pit?

You may be right actually, I think its because I loaded the PMDG's version of cold and dark therefore it was ticked off as well as the engine bleeds. How come PMDG wouldn't create a real to life cold and dark pit?
At first my intention was to include my cold & dark panel state with the checklist to make sure everyone using the checklist would start up from the same panel state that the checklist is based on but since I never received any answer or permission from PMDG if it would be OK to include the panel state files I didn't dare to. I also figured that even if you start using the checklist with some switches in the wrong position caused by starting from another panel state once you've followed the checklist the first time from start to end you should then "be in sync" with the checklist when it comes to the panel state and the position of all switches. A recommendation might also be to choose the 'Previous Flight' panel state as the default state, that way you will always start up from a correct panel state assuming you followed the checklist to the end on your last flight. Sorry for any confusion caused by this but these kind of problems should hopefully be easily fixed and one-time-only problems after you've run through the checklist once or twice making all the switches to be in their right positions for following flights. As for the PMDG cold & dark state included with the NGX I wouldn't want to say whether it's "correct" or not...I honestly don't even know if there is a correct cold & dark state since I belive that might be slightly different from airline to airline for example. Also I understood from some real NGX drivers that the panel state once you enter the real a/c might be slightly different from one flight to the next depending on how the last crew left the flightdeck. However for my checklist the cold & dark state you end up with after following it is a cold & dark state based on the FCOM and where needed I also got some input from real NGX drivers so I think it should be fairly accurate and very close to real life OPs.

Richard Åsberg

Could you send me your Cold and dark startup file? That + your checklist = golden =)