Sign in to follow this  
bart1

Vista 32 bit

Hi all, Just wanted to add a post here to let other vista 32 bit users who haven't purchased the 737 ngx yet, that I did have have not had any problems what so ever, ngx runs great and with mid range settings using Obrx scenery Rex2 Traffic. My System Specs for reference are Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2 Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz, 4.00GB RAM Ati Radeon HD 3870 X2 Step Speed enabled 8.00GB Page File I get 30fps outside view and 20-25 in the VC so all good here. Oh and Great work guys thanks for all your effort. Happy Flying Dave

Hi all, Just wanted to add a post here to let other vista 32 bit users who haven't purchased the 737 ngx yet, that I did have have not had any problems what so ever, ngx runs great and with mid range settings using Obrx scenery Rex2 Traffic. My System Specs for reference are Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2 Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz, 4.00GB RAM Ati Radeon HD 3870 X2 Step Speed enabled 8.00GB Page File I get 30fps outside view and 20-25 in the VC so all good here. Oh and Great work guys thanks for all your effort. Happy Flying Dave
A 32-bit OS has a memory limit of 3GB to 3.5GB, I doubt your system has 4GB. You may have 4GB physically, sure, but your OS is not 32-bit if it reads 4GB. Just pointing out.

If you want me be politically correct. Installed in the system 4GB ram and yes vista will only use just over 3gb just a reference post for other users with 32 bit systems what is wrong with all the freaks on these forms nowadays who have nothing better to do with their time than to nit pick at a general reference post next they will be telling me my grammer is wrong Get a life

+1 on 32-bit Vista. My system is crap when compared to today's rigs, but it's been running the NGX virtually trouble-free since release day with respectable scenery settings. I had a single OOM on release night and quickly made some tweaks that have resulted in no problems since. My system has 4GB physical and I used that BCEDIT trick to expand the VA space available to FSX...that, going to 2X AA, and NOT using the FSX machine to do anything not directly related to FSX made all the difference in terms of resources. FSCaptain, Air Hauler, EZDock, GEX, EFB data provider, FSBuild, and UT2 run on the FSX machine while my MacBook (with XP running in VM) handles ASE and EFB's display unit.

That's mainly because of you guys having only a 512MB Video card, (I know the ATI 3870 X2 has 1GB but that's split between GPU's (Crossfire)). This leaves more Virtual Address space available to FSX, which the NGX sorely needs. People with 32bit systems and larger memory Video cards (Like my GTX 460) are going to have a harder time with the NGX. I'm able to get by by reducing my VAS up front by not loading my not used (In the session) addon DLL's up front by setting the ManualLoad to True in the DLL.xml. Before that I was OOMing on many of my flights with the NGX. Now I have experienced no OOM's and enjoying the NGX. Not only that, but while I can't say I've experienced better frames, FSX does run smoother this way. I'm now doing it even when flying other addon aircraft.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's mainly because of you guys having only a 512MB Video card, (I know the ATI 3870 X2 has 1GB but that's split between GPU's (Crossfire)). This leaves more Virtual Address space available to FSX, which the NGX sorely needs. People with 32bit systems and larger memory Video cards (Like my GTX 460) are going to have a harder time with the NGX. I'm able to get by by reducing my VAS up front by not loading my not used (In the session) addon DLL's up front by setting the ManualLoad to True in the DLL.xml. Before that I was OOMing on many of my flights with the NGX. Now I have experienced no OOM's and enjoying the NGX. Not only that, but while I can't say I've experienced better frames, FSX does run smoother this way. I'm now doing it even when flying other addon aircraft.
Tom, When increasing the memory on a video card, is the virtual memory overhead increase consistently 1:1 ? In other words if I were to increase the memory of my video card by 512 MB, will the virtual memory overhead increase by an additional 512 MB ? Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Tom, When increasing the memory on a video card, is the virtual memory overhead increase consistently 1:1 ? In other words if I were to increase the memory of my video card by 512 MB, will the virtual memory overhead increase by an additional 512 MB ? Thanks,Zach
No, it won't