Sign in to follow this  
Smokin256

Can't download yesterdays weather & now "Error initializing.....

Running AS6.5 and FS9 on win XP. Not running widefs or anything like that. For the last few months I haven't been able to download weather archives from the day before to a few months before. "The weather for the specified date range was not found. (Or there was an error," But I've had no trouble downloading archives from say last year. Download current has always worked fine also. Now today I tried force secondary and force primary and since then I get a message on startup; "Error initializing, Check your INI file". Looking at the ASv6.ini file I see nothing obvious wrong although I have no idea what it should look like. Any ideas what might be wrong? I don't relish the idea of reinstalling but I will if I have to. Thanks for looking. Cheers...........................Todd

Hi, Please update your AS to the very latest Build from our web site. It looks as if you have not done so as this is one of the issues fixed. Sorry, but I don't have that Build number handy at the moment.

Thanks for that. I will do, my current build number is 533 if I remember correctly. I saw on the website that the current update is SU3, what with all the threes I jumped to the conclusion that I was up to date :oops: . Cheers.........................Todd

Hi, Just use that SU3 and then report back if you are still have any problems.

Hi, back again. I seem to have run into a snag. The website says all the updates are cumulative. But the how-to-install.txt says it only works over build 552. And in fact the installer says specifically 552 to 554. Trouble is I can't seem to find 552 anywhere. can you point me in the right direction? Thanks! Cheers.....................Todd

Just an FYI that the B552 pre-requisite update has now been added to our downloads page. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Ah!, thanks very much to both of you! If I can't get it whipped now I don't deserve to call myself a simmer. Cheers................Todd