Sign in to follow this  
acwhiskey

CTD when loading 737NGX (New to this)

Just downloaded and activated the 737NGX. All loads fine when I select the aircraft then when i hit Fly Now it loads fine then when the cockpit appears it CTD. Im only new to this and know there are some bug fix updates on the way but was just wondering if anyone elese is having this problem. I'm running FSX(Obviously) with service pack 2 update installed. i'm running Windows 7 32 bit with a 3.2ghz system with 6gb of ram and a 2gb video card.Any help with why this may be happening and how to fix it would be great!Another issue i have noticed is that when i use the PMDG js41 now none of the pop up windows work (Ramp manager,autopilot,RMU ect). They appear when i select them but i can't use any of there buttons or features, this only happened after installing the 737NGX.I have now uninstalled the 737NGX and am still getting this problem with the js41. not sure if these two things are related but just thought i would put it out there! Any help would be great!ThanksAndrew G

I was having the same issue yesterday after reinstalling my system with WIn7 x64. The 737NGX cockpit would appear and then immediately CTD. The problem was that when I installed the NGX I interrupted the DX9 installation/download process thinking that as I had Win7 it wasn't necessary. Mistake. I uninstalled the NGX and reinstalled letting the DX9 download and install all its components and then all was fine! Jean-Christophe M

Thanks for the advice mate. I also skipped the DX9 installation/download process. Will reinstall and let and let DX9 do its thing. hopefully i will get the same results. Thanks for the help Jean! Andrew G

Yep, drove me crazy yesterday trying to figure out what was wrong. Hope the advice proves useful.

Did exactly what u said yesterday Jean (been away for work for a while) and it all works perfectly. A nasty trap that i thought would be more common.Thanks for the help! Andrew G